Clubplanet Nightlife Community

No more Hip Hop events on SoBe please!!!

shroomy

No disrespect for the Hip Hop community out there but South Beach during Memorial Day weekend was pure chaos. As a resident of South Beach I was in disbelief of the behavior observe by the thousands of Hip Hop followers that visited the beach over the weekend. I observed (and the hole city) verbal abuse, disrespect to any form of human diversity, trash, riots, and shootings just to name a few. If this is what the movement is all about I don’t want to know anything about it. The Winter Music Conference on the other hand was totally the opposite and locals can’t wait for having that event again but as far as another Hip Hop event the cry is out there (NO MORE HIP HOP EVENT ON SOBE- residents, police, Miami Beach officials, the majority of club promoters etc.). I hope that if you are part of the Hip Hop community recognized that you have a problem and do something about since musically speaking Hip Hop is the mother of all music. Peace cwm43.gif

I was there on saturday for a couple of hours. It was disasterous to say the least.

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Respect the Floor.i.d.a scene!

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

-------------------------

I to live on the beach. although I did not venture out; on the main part of the beach.

I did observe some of the raucous going on in the streets. Singling out a sub culture of music, for the raucous, which took place; is simply unfair and fictitious. if we are to start finger pointing. then let us begin by asking miami beach officials; why they were unprepared again, to handle large crowds? the hotel and motel association warned miami beach official’s months before; that all hotel rooms on the beach were sold out. at this point a plan of action should have been in place. having multiple events taking place on the beach at one time; during one of the busiest holidays of the year. is either pure greed; or simply stupidity. add to the mix greedy clubs, who felt compelled to charge outrageous cover charges; $50.00 for Space, $20.00 to get into Wet Willies, etc.what distressed me the most; is the pure hatred “people” had in their eyes. the city of miami beach apparently, did not learn their lesson from the superbowl; of a few years back. yes, the hip hop culture has violent undertones within its background. proper police presence, would have addressed this. the city of miami beach needs to wake up. if you want to be the biggest, tourist destination in the world; then you need to have some sense of organization. the hip hop community may have it’s problems, but so does the city of miami beach. yes, let us ban all hip hop events on the beach. this is the type of absurd behavior, I’ve come to expect from miami beach officials. a more rational approach would be to sit down with promoters, club owners, hotel owners, city officials, etc and have an intelligent plan of action. hip hop events, wmc, white party weekend, etc. these events attract all types of people. how we as a community deal with this diversity; is what will set us a part from other cities.

peace, sobeton

------------------

sobeton.jpg

No disrestpect to Condegene but I agree with Sobeton. (THE NO MORE HIP HOP EVENT ON SOBE)that is the same kind of ATTITUDE they had in Ft.Lauderdale years ago about spring break and that N.Y. seems to have about clubs i.e.the closing of Twilo.If we do not welcome them and learn to deal with them they will just go somewhere else and take there money with them. In the END will be with are hand in are pockets wondering where did all the tourist go?

------------------

"Smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks."

[This message has been edited by tonyv (edited 06-01-2001).]

Archived