Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Memorial Day contingency plans

pod

Just wondering what everyone's plans are for the long weekend.

Me:

Friday:

Felix Da Housecat at Opium Garden

Saturday:

Deep Dish at Space 34

Sunday:

DHM party at SoHo Lounge...4 blocks from my house so why not?

Never seen or heard a felix liveset but have heard good things, anybody got a tracklist of a recent set he has played so I know what to expect. I'm 90 percent sure I'm going though since the rest of the beach is to be avoided. And definately up for deep dish at space on saturday.

Hey POD, I guess we may run into each other this weekend, with the limited number of places to go. We will just take pictures of each other at clubs. Well, now I have a dilemma of where to go on Friday: Opium or Oxygen. Is anyone thinking of going to Magical MayDaze on Sat?

Oh my god, I have not heard the names Jaun Atkins and Kevin Saunderson in forever. They were my first true experience of house music, yeah what a great way to be introduced to a new genre. Detroit used to be my escape to good music, the clubs were pretty much just warehouses, a nice underground feel, but the places were packed and people were just there for the music, no attitudes.

It was funny when I read an issue of Club Systems Int'l last year, where this large club in Detroit or somewhere nearby, had some of it's people come to South Beach to see "how it was done" down here...apparently they learned all the bad stuff, like snooty doormen and such...

It's funny, that's what the rest of the country has to deal with...shitty clubs.

New York, Miami, and maybe L.A. have the only decent clubs in the country it seems. You get the rare gems in B-grade cities like Chicago, Atlanta, or Boston, but more often than not, you hear about these clubs being under fire from draconian local authorities...

However, those B-grade cities seem to have a diverse "underground" scene, with decent one-offs once a month or so, and maybe smaller events on a weekly basis.

Being I have never been to sobe I want to try a few things..fri crobar or maze maybe but if not definitley opium..sat night def space,,sun night????no clue??during day nikki beach one day and skyy bar..on weather.com though is says thunderstorms everyday :(((...does it always say that since hot and humid?im staying at the roney palace is that near anything?also i heard as i once said on here that hip hop wknd was moved till wknd before mem day wknd? robyn :D