Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ok guys, listen to my story..

sgtfury

I have noticed a lot of career wise woes being expressed here on the board....i figured that I would add some of my own misery... I went to school to be a physical therapist..at the time I was in school, physical therapy was one of the hottest careers around..great pay, and you could work wherever you wanted. I chose to go to the number one rated school in the country (u of miami)...everything was great, after school i got a great job, bought a house...then in jan of 99, the good old government changed the $$$ that would be given for therapy under medicare..the result of this was that around the country therapist were fired, laid off the profession went from being one of the best to one of the worst...i saw bad times coming and moved up to boston for 2 years to assist in starting a buisiness with my friend...after 2 years my good friend of 7 years completely screwed me out of a lot of money..and i ended back in miami..anyway,just my .02 cents....

Damn, that sucks. I don't think I'll have it any easier. I'm studying now for my license to practice in the US (I'm an MD) and other physicians are really frightening me with their stories. I think I'm going to head towards radiology or something like that (with little patient contact and no malpractice woes). Also, the HMO bullshit (they're really not paying doctors very well these days) is very frightening too. Oh well, just thought I'd vent a little. I'm under quite a bit of stress these days. cwm31.gif

sgtfury> i know excatly what you are saying. i had a friend down here who was a pt and would find work but as soon as it reached 90 days they would lay her off. she ended moving back up to michigan and got a better paying and stable position... hang in there buddy--things always happen for a reason cwm1.gif btw; plz dont yell at me, im a fragile person these days cwm27.gif

and as for you b> i have the upmost respect for you. you have a succesful marriage, your're an excellent mother, you work a** off in school to better not just yourself but your family too, and your're an amazing friend. chic, im extremely proud of you and you should be proud of yourself. ahh yeah, go w/ your bad self... cwm38.gif

Archived