Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Here is the low down on this past Sunday at SURF

sorry from going to city for so long & then hearing this cheese its sickening. i think rydell is good also santana & denny has his *great moments* but the 2 of the 3 you have lined up this weekend will attract no extra people to surf. there not that good (sorry if the truth hurts). my friends & i feel you can get better up & incomers like tooch, higgins, loiketh & bugout.

they have there own style & i heard all of them twice so i got a fair sample of there abilities.

not saying moo & joe g wont be good some day but to have them playing surf now is a little over board. i know its who you know in this world but i shouldnt have to suffer through it.

i cant take jersey cheese! :blown:

Originally posted by godisadj

sorry from going to city for so long & then hearing this cheese its sickening. i think rydell is good also santana & denny has his *great moments* but the 2 of the 3 you have lined up this weekend will attract no extra people to surf. there not that good (sorry if the truth hurts). my friends & i feel you can get better up & incomers like tooch, higgins, loiketh & bugout.

they have there own style & i heard all of them twice so i got a fair sample of there abilities.

not saying moo & joe g wont be good some day but to have them playing surf now is a little over board. i know its who you know in this world but i shouldnt have to suffer through it.

listen to this kid, he KNOWS.

surf club is not in the city

i know this isn't ny, but 80% of the people who go down to surf & temps visit the city clubs regularly. so why can't we have good music in jersey? why do we have to suffer through cheese?

its no excuse to say were not ny because jersey people make up almost all the ny clubs.

i don't want excuses for shitty dj's because there isn't any

I don't mean to take sides but I think that what godisadj last said is true the city crowd is defenitly a big jersey crowd. There is a reason for that. But when I go out in jersey I go out to drink and have fun cause hello it's cheaper. But the music depending where you go in the city is deeper and better. But in the end it's all about having fun...

i think what everyone said is true. But nj & ny are different what flies one place doesnt fly at another. Maybe people that go do want to hear what some of you call cheese....last time i was there with my girl and about six of her girlfriends and they all loved the music. One thing i do know is that if the girls are coming the men will follow.

and jay you are right it is based on political status. So is every other job hiring in life. It's not what you know its who you know right? life just isnt fair :(

one more thing surf club is siiiiiiiiiickkkkkkkk:eek:

sorry to quote you again, but i just saw that it is a "young guns" day to me this would mean that they would have DJ's who have made a recent impact on the scene or if they are coming up in the bizzzzz........to the average gameless person like me this dj line up makes sense. I never heard of moo or joe g before last summer but i have been hearing their names alot lately.......Now Prime i dont know about him being a young gun(cause he's had gigs forever).....but he did make a pretty big impact on the scene with residencies at Platinum and Hunka Bunka this past fall/winter season.....

Bugout will do the next week of young guns

tooch did it last year so i dont think it makes sense to have him do the young guns night again

i dont have any info on higgens or loiketh if anyone wants to elaborate feel free.............just my 50 cents :D

Originally posted by roque1

sorry to quote you again, but i just saw that it is a "young guns" day to me this would mean that they would have DJ's who have made a recent impact on the scene or if they are coming up in the bizzzzz........to the average gameless person like me this dj line up makes sense. I never heard of moo or joe g before last summer but i have been hearing their names alot lately.......Now Prime i dont know about him being a young gun(cause he's had gigs forever).....but he did make a pretty big impact on the scene with residencies at Platinum and Hunka Bunka this past fall/winter season.....

Bugout will do the next week of young guns

tooch did it last year so i dont think it makes sense to have him do the young guns night again

:D

Thank god someone that understands. I do this party so the local NJ dj gets his break to play a huge room. About them drawing people, they will maybe its out of their own click and maybe it is someone who just wants to hear a new young kid spin. I am not worried about their draw anyway. This Sunday has been around a long time and I have added my spice to it the last 4 years and it has only gotten better. It will be busy Sunday and I expect these DJs to do a great job the next two weeks. If your not impressed with this part of my calendar I think I make up with it in the next 12 weeks. Lets see the resident to the #1 club in the US (Space) and two other guys ranked in the top 100 plus the biggest record labels in the industry bringing their big dogs. I would say I am ready for the critics. So come Sunday enjoy the guys that play your Jersey clubs every week all winter and then make ur judgement.