Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new york reviews?

Originally posted by vicman

my review:

it was fun.

friday: heard more hip hop than i have heard in the past year.

saturday: watched tv.

sunday: great time at centro. arc sucks. aint going back in a long time regardless of who is there.

:laugh: Any more details for us? ;)

Thursday night went to Opium Den in the Lower East Side to see buncha doods spin, mainly house stuff. Was a good trio (maybe four?) DJ set... got totally trashed.

Friday night went to see Gaafar open at Exit... his set fucking rocked. Deep n dark with a lot of crossovers, Gaaf built it up and by the end, everyone was dancing their asses off. He claims to have trainwrecked a few times but I didn't hear it. Course, being drunk probably helped.

Thought about going to see Maria Picotto at Arc on Saturday but passed on it.

Sunday, had to head to Asbury Park to catch my ride back to DC so missed out on Layo & Bushwacka.

Originally posted by hotcheme

l+b were great. and vic, there aer reasons to go back to arc. but DT's parties arent one of them.

yeah, i guess your right about Arc. :)

i just hated dealing with security there on Sunday. they were on a power trip, more so that usual. i hate it when they start treating patrons like cattle. i dont know how it was inside, even though i've seen some of the pics from the night.

Originally posted by kken

Friday night went to see Gaafar open at Exit... his set fucking rocked. Deep n dark with a lot of crossovers, Gaaf built it up and by the end, everyone was dancing their asses off. He claims to have trainwrecked a few times but I didn't hear it. Course, being drunk probably helped.

I heard he did well. He's always so hard on himself! Sorry I missed it :(

dunno, i never made it into Arc. although the no-smoking policy in clubs, i must say is super sweet, i did see a few people smoking at centro, but nothing to leave my clothes reaking of smoke when we left.

Fuck you. All you non-smokers can die of healthy lungs. Selfish fuckers. :mad:

dunno, i never made it into Arc. although the no-smoking policy in clubs, i must say is super sweet, i did see a few people smoking at centro, but nothing to leave my clothes reaking of smoke when we left.

i had plenty of cigarettes at centro. the smoking ban is so venue dependent. at centro it was fine to smoke if you felt like it butenough ppl held off that the place didnt reek.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Fuck you. All you non-smokers can die of healthy lungs. Selfish fuckers. :mad:

the breathing of the smoke doesnt really bother me that much, although thats the main reason behind the law, i guess i got used to it growing up, but i think everyone will appreciate not smelling like smoke coming out from a club. that is sweet.

the breathing of the smoke doesnt really bother me that much, although thats the main reason behind the law, i guess i got used to it growing up, but i think everyone will appreciate not smelling like smoke coming out from a club. that is sweet.

That's what dry cleaners are for. Support my people, yo!

Originally posted by hotcheme

i had plenty of cigarettes at centro. the smoking ban is so venue dependent. at centro it was fine to smoke if you felt like it butenough ppl held off that the place didnt reek.

yeah, we were kinda weirded out because we saw people smoking in there. it was a real nice not having all that smoke all over the place.

my review:

it was fun.

friday: heard more hip hop than i have heard in the past year.

saturday: watched tv.

sunday: great time at centro. arc sucks. aint going back in a long time regardless of who is there.

Glad to hear you liked Centro-Fly - I havent been there since Digweed spun there Thanksgiving eve i think it was. I miss going there- I like it better that arc.

But i am curious, why so anti-arc Vic? :confused:

I took off and went to London for the weekend. Saw Craig Richards at Fabric, and Paul Louth at The Cross. :cool:

Originally posted by silvershoes

Glad to hear you liked Centro-Fly - I havent been there since Digweed spun there Thanksgiving eve i think it was. I miss going there- I like it better that arc.

I took off and went to London for the weekend. Saw Craig Richards at Fabric, and Paul Louth at The Cross. :cool:

Louthy is the man....woot! how was his set?

Originally posted by silvershoes

I saw Paul Louth spin at The Cross last time I went out there. That place is perfect for him. He owns that room.