Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jimmy Van M @ Sonar - Review

Another fun one at Sonar! I am really getting to like this place. The sound system is great, cheap drinks, good lights, and a great vibe everytime I go.

Jimmy started off with a couple electro tracks, just easing into the night. The he dropped the bottom out and went really dark, playing some new Randall Jones tracks. About midnight he moved to a more prog house set, to which the crowd started breakdancing. Jimmy played up to this and drooped 5 breaks tracks in a row. Jimmy Van M playing a breaks set! wtf! I wasn't too happy, but it was cool seeing the crowd get into it. At 1:00 he brought it back with the new Quivver track and proceeded to slam us with some really big ones. He stayed hard and banging 'til he closed with "Clocks". Then submitted to the calls of "ONE MORE" and indeed played one more.

Again, good night, great vibe.

Spots:

Randall Jones feat. Philip Charles - Unknown

Randall Jones - Unknown (to be released on his new Bedrock EP)

Mary J Blige - Family Affair (bootleg breaks mix)

Chopstix & Spoiled - Who Is It

Quivver - Daylight (dub)

Coldplay - Clocks (Heaven & Earth mix)

jimmy van m played breaks! woo hoo! it was awesome. :bounce: (sorry reval). yeah, it was really good night. jvm had me going right up 'till the end when we went all cheesy. oh well.

imo, sonar is one of, if the not, the best clubs in the area. i just wish is was in dc. :(

it was great to see everyone who came out! :D