Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help with being laid off

I just got laid off last wednesday and im already miserable not having a job and staying home all day...if anyone has any jobs that they know of or work for a nice company (not some rinky dink company thats 40 people big) prefferably fortune 500 please let me know...my last company didnt give me any severance and i just got denied unemployment (although i think its a mistake)...either way unemployment is nothing compared to the salary i was getting and i have a trip to vegas in july, and ibiza in august so im gonna really be in the hole if i dont get something soon...any suggestions?

Originally posted by joecrack13

I just got laid off last wednesday and im already miserable not having a job and staying home all day...if anyone has any jobs that they know of or work for a nice company (not some rinky dink company thats 40 people big) prefferably fortune 500 please let me know...my last company didnt give me any severance and i just got denied unemployment (although i think its a mistake)...either way unemployment is nothing compared to the salary i was getting and i have a trip to vegas in july, and ibiza in august so im gonna really be in the hole if i dont get something soon...any suggestions?

So sorry,same thing happen to me last year 2 days before Memorial Day.Just start sending your resume asap,good luck with finding a job especially fortune 500 companies,since they are laying off big time.Keep your head,but lets be honest you may have to cancel your trip Vegas and Ibiza.If you can find a good job within a month more power to you.I've been looking since December...nothing,its fucking rough out there.

I'd like to be Mr. Positive, but I don't fucking line. . . I'm looking for a job in economics/marketing/inside sales/analysis/research/tech . . . sent out about 1500 resumes in last 5 months, primarily direct to companies' websites . . . and not a single fucking reply.

I just got shitcanned on tuesday, as in yesterday, worked continuously for 22 months. . .today, time to go for some money from the guvernment . . .

I got laid off last year this time after an eight year career as a Senior Application Architect. I began looking immediately upon be laid off.

I said "to hell with Corporate Amercia" and started MetroMixRadio.com.

Best Of Luck.

Qwest

well what do you do??

go apply for your unemployment right away so there is no screw ups...

then take the time to workout, take a break, write a resume, and job searching, and maybe reevaluate your situation.

its tuff, i've been applying to jobs weekly since Dec. 2002. I finally relocated so I can afford to live off of unemployment (you can transfer your NY benefits anywhere).

the atmosphere for a good job suks right now...but GOOD LUCK!!

Originally posted by copahc

well what do you do??

I graduated from Pace in 2001 with a BBA in International Marketing and a minor in Law....from then on I worked as a Junior Business Analyst in the Operations sector of my former company...i can go into specifics but id rather not right now....as for unemployment...i do get the maximum amount which is good but is still nothing compared to what my checks were and thats not to brag by any means...times are rough...ideally i would like to collect unemployment and work a cash job like bartending (although ive never done that before)...that would help me out til after i get back from ibiza cause im sure if i went on an interview anytime soon and told them i need a week off for ibiza and 2 days off for vegas theyd tell me to go take a hike...either that or lose the trips which im not willing to do

I just got laid off last wednesday and im already miserable not having a job and staying home all day...if anyone has any jobs that they know of or work for a nice company (not some rinky dink company thats 40 people big) prefferably fortune 500 please let me know...

picky picky arent we? You'll be lucky to get any job, let alone a fortune 500 company...

some of my ivy league friends aren't having an easy time, you think you will with a pace degree?? damn

Originally posted by Jilly

picky picky arent we? You'll be lucky to get any job, let alone a fortune 500 company...

some of my ivy league friends aren't having an easy time, you think you will with a pace degree?? damn

No kidding... I think you are being a little bit too picky. And I doubt you need the money that bad if you can still afford to go to ibiza and vegas instead of getting a job..

I'll save my help fpr someone that really needs it

I graduated from Johns Hopkins in May 2001, Economics, was working as a researcher at Legg Mason, was gonna stay on until the stock market went falling and half the department got canned . . .byebye to the intern too then.

After a lot of applications and no luck, after moving back home to Monmouth County NJ, took a job at the Wiz for sales. . .14 months later, my store closed. I then upgraded to highend sales at Harvey Electronics. . .and got laid off due to poor business companywide. I've been searching for a real job since about December 2000.

I've reached the point of now feeling that the time off isn't bad, get a chance to enjoy the shore, work out, visit friends, and live off the government for a bit. I've been looking hard for a good job while at the sales job, but haven't gotten any replies. . . it's hell out there.

Damn...things seem really bad back home. I've been contemplating on whether to move back to NYC or not. Kinda getting sick of Miami. Is the job situation really that bad? I hope things turn around in that city and good luck everyone on the job hunt. Staying positive is the only thing we could do.:D

Originally posted by djqwest

I got laid off last year this time after an eight year career as a Senior Application Architect. I began looking immediately upon be laid off.

I said "to hell with Corporate Amercia" and started MetroMixRadio.com.

Best Of Luck.

Qwest

And look where you are now.:beer:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

right now i'm seeking employment. i graduated from college today. parts of my health coverage expire tomorrow, the rest in mid-august

i should have never switched my major from accounting to finance

hate to say i told ya so...but i told ya so..i remember talkin about this when accountants were getting a bad rep...

im glad i stayed on..i love where im at right now...and hopefully ill be in a top 4 when i graduate or ill stay at my firm

oh..and for joecrack...a rinky dink company is a whole lot better than unemployment..(although technically u earned the unemployment yourself)...as for ibiza and vegas....here's an idea ..CANCEL! ...

uve got a lil too many liabilities on ur hands...and trips to ibiza and vegas arent gona help ur bottom line...

take half that money u were gona blow on booze and bitches...put it in the bank and forget about it...use the other half as a cushion up until u get back on your feet..

just a lil help from a future CPA

trust me....

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

hate to say i told ya so...but i told ya so..i remember talkin about this when accountants were getting a bad rep...

i didint leave becuase of the scandals....i left because i found it to be too boring

looks like i may end up in accounting anyway :cuss: