Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G versus Edgar V at Space

rovandri

What you guys think about the 2 dj,s?

Is it because Oscar G plays on saturday that he has more people coming?

What about Friday Oscar G and Saturday Edgar V? Would the vibe on saturday be the same?

Just wondering...

Well the only thing is that, I don't know how long you've been going to Space but when Oscar started his Saturday House residency, Friday night was already banging and Saturdays were dead. Oscar G is 99% responsible for the Saturday Success of Space and management knows it. Why try to fix what's not broken?

I have mad respect for both Jocks, but if I was Luis Puig,,,,, ah lets see now, Fridays are a bit slow but still successful, Saturdays have increased patrons about 900% since Oscar took the helm ….

And Oscar G, lets see now …

Oscar G,,, world renowned local DJ/Producer, 4 ASCAP wards, writer of a bunch of Billbord dance #1s, residencies at Ministry of Sound-London, Yellow-Tokyo, Transit-Philidelphia, Universe-Sanfrancisco, Pacha-Ibiza, Occasionally covers for Danny T at Vinyl, etc,etc,etc.

Naah, I don't think Luis wants to mess with Saturdays…

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I don't think it's an issue of Oscar vs. Edgar..I think it is more an issue of House vs. Trance..Apparently Space has gone with a Trance format on Fridays and a House format on Saturdays..and both of these guys are arguably the best at their respective genres that this town has to offer. I for one like the arrangement alot because it really makes the club more diverse..

As far as Oscar G. being totally responsible for the success of their Saturdays, I would have to disagree, I just think that his style of music just happens to be more acceptable right now for most clubbers...Where as trance was by far the most popular style last year, I think House is definitely more in demand right now. Shadow and Space (on Fri) are really the only clubs even playing trance right now, all the other big clubs play house for the most part...(Crobar, Opium, Level, Nikki etc.)Even John Digweed is playing house for God's sake!!!

I for one enjoy both styles of music and I'm glad I get to hear Edgar and Oscar...It's an expensive habit though frown.gif These guys are gonna make me broke!!! (SOME FREE MIX CDs WOULD BE NICE!

Peace smile.gif

(DAMN THAT WAS A LONG POST!!!)

Hey Nolimit,

I love JD, it wasnt a put-down..

I was just referring to the fact that he has really been leaning towards the deeper, housier stuff for the last 2 years ,where before he used to play alot more progressive and trancy even..not to mention the bpms have really come down in his sets...

I've always enjoyed him though....I was just trying to point out how things have been leaning more towards house lately...

(but I know you know whats up..)

PEACE smile.gif

you gotta love Digger's, one of the only talented DJ's to start his DJ'ing career by simply giving a demo tape to a promoter, that take's some skill ...

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Respect the Floori.d.a. scene

-------------------------

"To The South Side, To The South Side, To The South Side, To The South Side!"

-------------------------

AIM: digit960

Originally posted by Nolimit:

To Digweed:

I am reporting in to let you know that kingstreet is mouthing off about you on the messageboards.

Originally posted by Digweed:

To Nolimit:

Nolimit, thank you for enforcing the "I can't talk trash about digweed policy". However, I am dissappointed that you have not washed my dishes or my car yet. Please report to my house asap. Also my ass is a little dirty come over and clean it!

I managed to intercept and decrypt this pm from Nolimit to Digweed and also Digweeds reply to Nolimit. This is very confidential information please do not pass this information on because I could get into trouble with Clubplanet. Thanks everyone.

Archived