Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The truth about ram air...

my buddy jon and I did the calculations on a WS6 air intake cross-section at the wind tunnel up here.

70mph slipstrem turned out to basically add 1psi above absolute pressure. So 14.7psi became ~15.7psi @ 70mph.

Below about Mach 0.5, air can still be compressed - dont know what that stupid fuck is talking about. We watched it happen.

Ram air never really was intended to create a natural forced-induction effect. It was intended to grab cold air outside of the engine bay and stuff it into the throttle body... more so than simply shoving a filter in the fenderwell.

So anyone who says ram air doesn't do diddly squat, tsk tsk ;)

Guest saleen351

the SS and ws6 1/4 times were not better even with ram air, since the cars hit the trap at <100mph and had zero effect on HP

And besides............

2003-suz-g1-s1-zoom.jpg

.............it looks cool, huh huh huh

I was in California last week and I pulled up alongside this kid in a completely riced out Dodge Neon. The thing was completely laughable.

So I roll down the window and look at him and say, Hey buddy, that things front wheel drive, right?

He got all excited and was like, yeah man it is!!!

I then ask, so why do you have that giant wing on the back of the car???

He says, oh well, you know man, it just looks cool ad stuff..........I nodded my head and drove off.

Originally posted by manji318

Must run to Pep'boys and buy more APC products.

i know the feeling, i live in hudson county and i see more beat up buicks with APC stickers on them then i know what to do with. If i had a dime for everyone i saw.... i d be rich:cool: