Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what happened at webster hall last night...

so around 5-ish the sound system blew up and everyone thought it was Tony Draper finishing up the night, but it wasn't ...

actually the sound guy dissapeared and noone could find him to fix the problem so the dance floor cleaned out. I'm curious why when DJ Moody was on everything worked fine and then as soon as Draper goes on it blows up hmm...:confused:

Friends,

I am Paul Bell, head sound technician for Webster Hall as well as 10 or so other venues in the New York City area. Yes, the sound system in The Grand Ballroom at Webster Hall had a problem on the night of 6-6. The assistant sound technician was on the dance floor prior to the problem and had heard the system starting to sound bad. He checked the amplifiers and electronics and then went into the mixing booth to check further. As he entered the booth, the main DJ's console had lost it's output to the house sound system. Within several minutes, he was able to get the system up again. The mixing console will be replaced with a new one this week. Earlier in the evening, While Moody was on, there was a minor problem with the in booth monitoring system that became worse after Tony came on. I had found it to be a bad input connection that I had remedied by “re-plugging†a few things. Two separate systems. As far as mimusica suggesting that “tony should have smashed his face or pulled that ugly pony tail of hisâ€, that’s just ridiculous, Tony and I have known each other for several years. Why would anybody start childish dialogue like that? Be an adult. As far as “the system at Webster Hall suxâ€, the main system sounds cleaner and more full range with less distortion as some other clubs around. Recent system improvements and additions have made the system even better. We constantly receive compliments on the system as well as people telling me it’s one of the best systems in the city.

Chicken wings? I do not eat chicken wings. Keep it factual. And, lots of people like the pony tail. Don't make fun of anybody's choice of hairstyle or appearance.

Paul Bell

Some people are just plain idiots...thats the bottom line. Shit like that happens all the time, at any club, in any city. Some morons who have nothing better to do with their time look for excuses to bash on others. The people on this board love to knock on Draper, so of course they will blame a technical malfunction that could have happened to anyone, on him.