Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Curious Who Here Knows How to spin?

djdekan

Im really curious about who knows how to spin here, how to match beats, mix etc or even knows the concepts.

Some of these reviews are just horrendous, Ive seen from Tiesto to Saeed & Palsh.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Trainwreck.

And this Board things there amazing.

Originally posted by djdekan

Im really curious about who knows how to spin here, how to match beats, mix etc or even knows the concepts.

Some of these reviews are just horrendous, Ive seen from Tiesto to Saeed & Palsh.

i agree - did anyone else go too L&B - just a question??

Originally posted by djdekan

what the hell does knowing how to match beats, spin, mix or the concept of any of the aforementioned have to do with anything? with regard to a review, which is rather subjective in nature.. it doesn’t take a subjectively trained ear to write a review. the music is either good or bad, based on your personal preference.

smugness isn’t an asset.. although some wear it, as though, it where a badge of honor .that should be rewarded with some level of notoriety. :idea:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

aforementioned

dude, you just love to use big words.....:laugh:

anyways, i never have bought or spun a record in my life... my decks are made by winamp......

Originally posted by tranzwhore

i wish i was a dj.

does anyone give lessons?

there really needs to be more girl dj's.

I agree....and I have to admit, we'd probably be really good at it. Women can multi-task very well.

I understand the concept...i can do it....but i still have much to learn.....and yeah if any of u have seen the new denons....those things r sick...its just like having a record player....it spins and everything, but i cant afford that thing its like 1500 for 1 c.d. player, but technology is moving rapidly in the d.j. buisness

people are so consumed by sub-genres in dance/electronic music that if a househead were to hear a metronomic, pitch-perfect, chord-creating trance dj's cd, they would still profess he (or she!) sucked because they don't particularly favor trance.

on the flip side, many devoted trance fans don't appreciate anything slower than about 135 bpms and find that the tracks are primitive and lackluster, even though they tend to carry more soul and melodic structure.

i think the question should be...

who here knows anything about music?

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

I understand the concept...i can do it....but i still have much to learn.....and yeah if any of u have seen the new denons....those things r sick...its just like having a record player....it spins and everything, but i cant afford that thing its like 1500 for 1 c.d. player, but technology is moving rapidly in the d.j. buisness

this place has the CDJ800 for 679 + shipping

http://www.bedfordgifts.com/cdj800.html

Originally posted by lavosdeldiablo

I agree with sobe... One has nothing to do with the other...Its a matter of opinion... you dont need to know how to spin... to decide if you liked someones performance or not...

Do Movie Critics produce and direct films? NO

Are Sports Writers/Commentators Athletes? (sometimes), but NO, not the great ones

I agree w/ Lavosdeldiablo and Sobe!

i want to learn how to spin my head...spin on my hands...spin on my knees and freeze...BrEaK-dAnCe!

(who gets this?)

anyways i've been spinning for a while and i would love to teach anyone who wants to learn (TRANZWHORE this is an invitation) there is nothing more fulfilling than teaching someone something you know and know well:D

NFA for ME

SS:D

but im not talking about the pioneer im talking about the new denon that came out a couple of months ago....its probably down to about 1000 now i havent seen it in like 2 months

dn-s5000-dl.gif

and the real one spins but it doesnt have that trippy design like this one

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

but im not talking about the pioneer im talking about the new denon that came out a couple of months ago....its probably down to about 1000 now i havent seen it in like 2 months

same price...$999....Pioneer 1000's and that Denon are Comp. of each other...both great pieces to add on...

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

Pioneer 1000's and that Denon are Comp. of each other......

In my opinion denon is a couple of steps ahead of pioneer....pioneer was way ahead till the dns-5000 came out.... it is so wasy to use...very smooth...and the technology is only getting better!!!!!!