Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Retaliation-Is it Justified Depending on Who Attacks...

sassa

Israeli Missiles Kill Nine in Gaza City

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - In the third Israeli airstrike in 24 hours, Israeli helicopters fired several missiles at the car of a Hamas fugitive Thursday, killing seven people, including the wanted man, his wife and 2-year-old daughter.

The latest spike in violence — 35 Israelis and Palestinians killed and more than 130 wounded in two days — suggested a new stage in the 32-month-old conflict, with Israel and Hamas threatening to fight each other to the finish.

Hamas said it would unleash multiple attacks and urged foreigners to leave Israel for their safety. Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said that despite a new U.S.-backed peace plan, he would hunt Palestinian militants "to the bitter end."

The intensity of Israel's strikes in recent days comes as expectations fade that the new Palestinian prime minister, Mahmoud Abbas, can rein in militants.

Secretary of State Colin Powell was preparing to meet in Jordan with leaders of Russia, the European Union and the United Nations in an effort to repair the tattered road map for Mideast peace, according to U.S. officials and diplomatic sources.

The meeting, tentatively set for June 22, will be held in Aqaba, where President Bush reached agreement last week with Sharon and Abbas to proceed with the peacemaking blueprint.

In 24 hours beginning Wednesday afternoon, a Hamas suicide bomber killed 16 people in a Jerusalem bus attack and Israel carried out three airstrikes that killed 18 Palestinians, about half of them civilians.

In the latest rocket attack Thursday, Israeli helicopters fired missiles at a car belonging to Yasser Taha, a Hamas fugitive from the group's military wing.

Seven people were killed, including Taha, his wife Fatima, 25, and their 2-year-old daughter, Asnan, doctors said. A baby bottle and baby shoes were pulled from the burning car. The strike injured 29 people.

Israel targeted the car in Gaza City's Sheik Radwan neighborhood, near a cemetery, where relatives earlier buried 11 dead from Wednesday's airstrikes. At least one missile landed as bystanders surrounded Taha's car, witnesses said.

Abbas has said he will not force a showdown, but will try to persuade Hamas and other groups to halt attacks on Israelis.

Hamas walked away from truce talks last week and threatened revenge after Israel's botched attempt to kill a Hamas founder, Abdel Aziz Rantisi, on Tuesday. The group issued a statement, urging its military cells to "blow up the Zionist entity and tear it to pieces."

Hamas has often fulfilled its threats since it carried out its first suicide bombings in the mid-1990s.

Sharon said Wednesday that he remains committed to negotiating a peace deal, but will continue to pursue Palestinian groups "to the bitter end."

In a Cabinet meeting Thursday, Sharon ridiculed Palestinian leaders as "crybabies" for saying they can't dismantle militias by force, according to a Cabinet official who briefed reporters. Israel said it cannot stand by until Abbas — described by Sharon Thursday as a "chick that hasn't grown its feathers yet" — persuades armed groups to halt attacks, the official said.

Palestinian Cabinet Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo said Sharon's intention was to derail the latest peace plan.

Referring to Sharon's comments on Palestinian leaders, Abed Rabbo said: "His aim is to discredit the Palestinian government and to assassinate his real enemy, which is the road map."

Difficulties in implementing the peace plan had been expected, but many were surprised by such a rapid return to bloodshed amid the hope of Bush's personal involvement with the road map.

"Bush, too, cannot compel Hamas to stop terror," Israeli commentator Sever Plotzker wrote in the Yediot Ahronot daily. "And the all-powerful Bush cannot compel Sharon to stop the assassinations (of Palestinian militants). The cause and effect, the effect and cause, it's all jumbled. Who remembers who started?"

Bush angrily condemned the bus bombing and urged all nations to cut financial assistance to terrorists and "isolate those who hate so much that they are willing to kill." Earlier, Bush rebuked Sharon for the attempted killing of Rantisi.

The first retaliation for the botched attack on Rantisi came Wednesday afternoon, during evening rush hour on Jaffa Street, Jerusalem's main thoroughfare. An 18-year-old high school student from Hebron, Abdel Madi Shabneh, disguised as an ultra-Orthodox Jew, detonated explosives strapped to his body on board bus No. 14 just after it left the central station.

The blast lifted the bus off the pavement and tore up the roof and sides, hurling several passengers outside.

The bomber killed 16 people, including Alan Beer, 47, an immigrant to Israel from Cleveland, Ohio. More than 100 people were injured, including Sarri Singer, 30, a daughter of New Jersey State Sen. Robert Singer.

Less than an hour after the blast, a missile attack on a car killed nine Palestinians, including two senior Hamas fugitives. Early Thursday, another rocket attack killed two low-level Hamas activists.

The Israeli strikes make it increasingly difficult for Abbas to negotiate a cease-fire with Hamas and other militant groups.

Abbas' position has been shaky and Israel's renewed campaign against militants further undermines it. Palestinian officials have said Bush backed the Palestinians' proposal to try to persuade Hamas to lay down arms, instead of using force against the group.

The road map asks Israel to refrain from actions that could undermine trust, but does not specifically veto targeted killings of suspected militants or Israeli incursions into Palestinian areas.

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, shunted aside in recent weeks in the peace effort, returned to center stage, summoning reporters and reading a statement calling on all Palestinian factions to cease fire.

Abbas also appealed for "a full commitment from all parties to a cease-fire, to stop violence and to immediately move into a serious implementation of road map."

Originally posted by sassa

Israeli Missiles Kill Nine in Gaza City

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - In the third Israeli airstrike in 24 hours, Israeli helicopters fired several missiles at the car of a Hamas fugitive Thursday, killing seven people, including the wanted man, his wife and 2-year-old daughter.

The latest spike in violence — 35 Israelis and Palestinians killed and more than 130 wounded in two days — suggested a new stage in the 32-month-old conflict, with Israel and Hamas threatening to fight each other to the finish.

Hamas said it would unleash multiple attacks and urged foreigners to leave Israel for their safety. Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said that despite a new U.S.-backed peace plan, he would hunt Palestinian militants "to the bitter end."

The intensity of Israel's strikes in recent days comes as expectations fade that the new Palestinian prime minister, Mahmoud Abbas, can rein in militants.

Secretary of State Colin Powell was preparing to meet in Jordan with leaders of Russia, the European Union and the United Nations in an effort to repair the tattered road map for Mideast peace, according to U.S. officials and diplomatic sources.

The meeting, tentatively set for June 22, will be held in Aqaba, where President Bush reached agreement last week with Sharon and Abbas to proceed with the peacemaking blueprint.

In 24 hours beginning Wednesday afternoon, a Hamas suicide bomber killed 16 people in a Jerusalem bus attack and Israel carried out three airstrikes that killed 18 Palestinians, about half of them civilians.

In the latest rocket attack Thursday, Israeli helicopters fired missiles at a car belonging to Yasser Taha, a Hamas fugitive from the group's military wing.

Seven people were killed, including Taha, his wife Fatima, 25, and their 2-year-old daughter, Asnan, doctors said. A baby bottle and baby shoes were pulled from the burning car. The strike injured 29 people.

Israel targeted the car in Gaza City's Sheik Radwan neighborhood, near a cemetery, where relatives earlier buried 11 dead from Wednesday's airstrikes. At least one missile landed as bystanders surrounded Taha's car, witnesses said.

Abbas has said he will not force a showdown, but will try to persuade Hamas and other groups to halt attacks on Israelis.

Hamas walked away from truce talks last week and threatened revenge after Israel's botched attempt to kill a Hamas founder, Abdel Aziz Rantisi, on Tuesday. The group issued a statement, urging its military cells to "blow up the Zionist entity and tear it to pieces."

Hamas has often fulfilled its threats since it carried out its first suicide bombings in the mid-1990s.

Sharon said Wednesday that he remains committed to negotiating a peace deal, but will continue to pursue Palestinian groups "to the bitter end."

In a Cabinet meeting Thursday, Sharon ridiculed Palestinian leaders as "crybabies" for saying they can't dismantle militias by force, according to a Cabinet official who briefed reporters. Israel said it cannot stand by until Abbas — described by Sharon Thursday as a "chick that hasn't grown its feathers yet" — persuades armed groups to halt attacks, the official said.

Palestinian Cabinet Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo said Sharon's intention was to derail the latest peace plan.

Referring to Sharon's comments on Palestinian leaders, Abed Rabbo said: "His aim is to discredit the Palestinian government and to assassinate his real enemy, which is the road map."

Difficulties in implementing the peace plan had been expected, but many were surprised by such a rapid return to bloodshed amid the hope of Bush's personal involvement with the road map.

"Bush, too, cannot compel Hamas to stop terror," Israeli commentator Sever Plotzker wrote in the Yediot Ahronot daily. "And the all-powerful Bush cannot compel Sharon to stop the assassinations (of Palestinian militants). The cause and effect, the effect and cause, it's all jumbled. Who remembers who started?"

Bush angrily condemned the bus bombing and urged all nations to cut financial assistance to terrorists and "isolate those who hate so much that they are willing to kill." Earlier, Bush rebuked Sharon for the attempted killing of Rantisi.

The first retaliation for the botched attack on Rantisi came Wednesday afternoon, during evening rush hour on Jaffa Street, Jerusalem's main thoroughfare. An 18-year-old high school student from Hebron, Abdel Madi Shabneh, disguised as an ultra-Orthodox Jew, detonated explosives strapped to his body on board bus No. 14 just after it left the central station.

The blast lifted the bus off the pavement and tore up the roof and sides, hurling several passengers outside.

The bomber killed 16 people, including Alan Beer, 47, an immigrant to Israel from Cleveland, Ohio. More than 100 people were injured, including Sarri Singer, 30, a daughter of New Jersey State Sen. Robert Singer.

Less than an hour after the blast, a missile attack on a car killed nine Palestinians, including two senior Hamas fugitives. Early Thursday, another rocket attack killed two low-level Hamas activists.

The Israeli strikes make it increasingly difficult for Abbas to negotiate a cease-fire with Hamas and other militant groups.

Abbas' position has been shaky and Israel's renewed campaign against militants further undermines it. Palestinian officials have said Bush backed the Palestinians' proposal to try to persuade Hamas to lay down arms, instead of using force against the group.

The road map asks Israel to refrain from actions that could undermine trust, but does not specifically veto targeted killings of suspected militants or Israeli incursions into Palestinian areas.

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, shunted aside in recent weeks in the peace effort, returned to center stage, summoning reporters and reading a statement calling on all Palestinian factions to cease fire.

Abbas also appealed for "a full commitment from all parties to a cease-fire, to stop violence and to immediately move into a serious implementation of road map."

Abbas is a dog with no teeth....

I will say this again...

The Palestinians should pray and thank god that Sharon has some restraint because if it were the other way around Isreal would be no more.. Look at the War in 67 when the Isrealis handed Jordan, Syria and sorrounding arab countries their asses it's a hatred that will never end either out of bitterness or jealousy I don't know. I will tell you one thing, I don't know if I would be able to show the same restraint especially when my citizens are getting killed on buses...

Originally posted by mr mahs

I will say this again...

The Palestinians should pray and thank god that Sharon has some restraint because if it were the other way around Isreal would be no more.. Look at the War in 67 when the Isrealis handed Jordan, Syria and sorrounding arab countries their asses it's a hatred that will never end either out of bitterness or jealousy I don't know. I will tell you one thing, I don't know if I would be able to show the same restraint especially when my citizens are getting killed on buses...

oh my god....

and you're serious :blank:

Originally posted by skince55

A dog with teeth. He has control of his government and his people unlike Arafat and Abbas

Are you Palestinian? or of some Middle Eastern Decent ?

WHAT THE FUCK DIFFERENCE WOULD THIS MAKE????? how dare you even ask me this. you truly are scum.

what my nationality is has nothing to do with my views. in fact, with my background, i should be a supporter of sharon :blown:

you people make me sick more and more every day.

WHAT THE FUCK DIFFERENCE WOULD THIS MAKE????? how dare you even ask me this. you truly are scum.

Jesus Fuckin Christ. Calm the Fuck Down. I see no one can ask you a question. I was just curious about your nationality considering how fucking slanted your views are to support Arabs regardless of what facts may be at hand. I can also see its back to the name calling for sassa who can't take it when people call her names. I seriously think you have some kind of mental disorder or you are just high on crack 24/7. Grow the Fuck up :blown:

Jesus Fuckin Christ. Calm the Fuck Down. I see no one can ask you a question. I was just curious about your nationality considering how fucking slanted your views are to support Arabs regardless of what facts may be at hand. I can also see its back to the name calling for sassa who can't take it when people call her names. I seriously think you have some kind of mental disorder or you are just high on crack 24/7. Grow the Fuck up :blown:

Welcome to the current event board SKINCE where ignorance runs RAMPID.

yes i'm high on crack. i just injected some heroin into my chest too. :rolleyes:

i'm sick of you and people like you, that's why i blew up.

what my nationality is has nothing to do with my views. in fact, with my background, i should be a supporter of sharon :blown:

you people make me sick more and more every day.

Do you think terrrorists are freedom fighters?

Do you think terrrorists are freedom fighters?

I ask again - did you think the ANC were freedom fighters?

:D

Sharon shows restraint because he has to...if he did try "wipe out the Palestinians" the whole world will be on his ass. And I'm sure the US would no longer support Israel...which would mean that Israel would not stand a chance against an onslaught from the whole ME.

Originally posted by raver_mania

I ask again - did you think the ANC were freedom fighters?

:D

Sharon shows restraint because he has to...if he did try "wipe out the Palestinians" the whole world will be on his ass. And I'm sure the US would no longer support Israel...which would mean that Israel would not stand a chance against an onslaught from the whole ME.

I don't know about the ANC..

As to the whole ME...Logically we have to compromise and come up with a solution because the killing has to stop but there is a part of me that would like for it to just happen already enough is enough lets do this and the last man standing wins....

We all have bad thoughts and I wouldn't really want this to happen but maybe thats the only way it will stop with one side winning and 1 side defeated...

As to the whole ME...Logically we have to compromise and come up with a solution because the killing has to stop but there is a part of me that would like for it to just happen already enough is enough lets do this and the last man standing wins....

We all have bad thoughts and I wouldn't really want this to happen but maybe thats the only way it will stop with one side winning and 1 side defeated...

Sad to say this, but I think that is how it'll stop. Or if some cataclysmic world event occurs (like aliens landing or something)

I don't know about the ANC..

ANC - AFrican National Congress...fought the apartheid rule in South Africa. Granted that was quite a different situation (black poitical activists were sent to prison, etc)...the ANC still started out as a terrorist organization. Nelson Mandela was the head of it...and now that is the dominant political party in SA. Of course, they are no longer a terrorist organization.

Originally posted by raver_mania

ANC - AFrican National Congress...fought the apartheid rule in South Africa. Granted that was quite a different situation (black poitical activists were sent to prison, etc)...the ANC still started out as a terrorist organization. Nelson Mandela was the head of it...and now that is the dominant political party in SA. Of course, they are no longer a terrorist organization.

they didn't start out as a terrorist organization. it started off as using peaceful methods to gain support from the home and international community. after mandela was forced into hiding (he was called the black pimpernel, or something like this :tongue: ) some members of the ANC decided to take matters in their own hands (some of whom were openly opposing mandela's views since the beginning of the ANC, some of these men created separate groups as well) and created a separate leg of the organization (i can't quite remember the name now, sorry) that would be the military part of the group, ie taking hostages, blowing up stuff, etc.

they didn't start out as a terrorist organization. it started off as using peaceful methods to gain support from the home and international community. after mandela was forced into hiding (he was called the black pimpernel, or something like this :tongue: ) some members of the ANC decided to take matters in their own hands (some of whom were openly opposing mandela's views since the beginning of the ANC, some of these men created separate groups as well) and created a separate leg of the organization (i can't quite remember the name now, sorry) that would be the military part of the group, ie taking hostages, blowing up stuff, etc.

That sounds about right...my knowledge is spotty at best on that issue. But wasn't Winnie Mandela an ardent supporter of fighting?