Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Retaliation-Is it Justified Depending on Who Attacks...

sassa

Originally posted by raver_mania

That sounds about right...my knowledge is spotty at best on that issue. But wasn't Winnie Mandela an ardent supporter of fighting?

yes. she was also arrested a number of times while nelson was on robbins island. their house was raided several times by the south african government, she was put under house arrest, harassed, threatened. but you have to admire her steadfastness, it is not easy being married to one of the greatest political dissidents in history. she kept her own. and nelson mandela is a great man, i admire him.

but south africa is still the whitest country in africa today, and i don't think that is necessarily a good thing. but perhaps it is still too early after the end of apartheid to expect a change. perhaps in 20-40 years from now, things will be different. at least, i hope they are.

And I'm sure the US would no longer support Israel...which would mean that Israel would not stand a chance against an onslaught from the whole ME.

WRONG! If you know your history, you'd know that the Arabic countries of the ME don't give a shit about Palestinians. They tried to fight and destroy Israel several times (each country having their own reasons, not just to "free" the Palestinians), but failed. And once again, if you know your history, not a single US soldier was ever placed to fight along Israeli soldiers during any of the Arab-Israeli wars...Israel always fought alone.

Originally posted by Ruph

WRONG! If you know your history, you'd know that the Arabic countries of the ME don't give a shit about Palestinians. They tried to fight and destroy Israel several times (each country having their own reasons, not just to "free" the Palestinians), but failed. And once again, if you know your history, not a single US soldier was ever placed to fight along Israeli soldiers during any of the Arab-Israeli wars...Israel always fought alone.

where did israel get the money for buying weapons and equipping its armies, pray tell?

Originally posted by sassa

where did israel get the money for buying weapons and equipping its armies, pray tell?

The only reason the US is supporting Israel is to satisfy their own interests. And think of the money given to Israel by the US as an "investment" by the US..obviously the US wants something back also.

The only reason the US is supporting Israel is to satisfy their own interests. And think of the money given to Israel by the US as an "investment" by the US..obviously the US wants something back also.

what do you think they want back? don't you think the huge jewish lobby in the united states, as well as prominent figureheads in the entertainment, financial, political, educational, and religious sectors have anything to do with it?

what do you think they want back? don't you think the huge jewish lobby in the united states, as well as prominent figureheads in the entertainment, financial, political, educational, and religious sectors have anything to do with it?

not just jewish lobbyists....many evangelist conservatives staunchly support israel as well

Originally posted by sassa what do you think they want back?

Israel happens to be the only country in that region with whom the US is friends with, if you really think about it. Because of the geographic location, Israel happening to be a democratic state, etc., US keeps its relationship with Israel. Remember that Israel is not the country where the US flag is burned everyday.

don't you think the huge jewish lobby in the united states, as well as prominent figureheads in the entertainment, financial, political, educational, and religious sectors have anything to do with it?

Maybe they do. And I'm sure that if there was a strong Arabic lobby in the US, they would pressure the US toward their goals...but there isn't. And the US supports Israel to some degree (the US doesn't approve of every single thing Israel does)...once again, the US is thinking about their ass only and what suits them best (and I'm not blaming them, why shouldn't they).

You're missing my point...if Sharon does "wipe out" the palestinian people, that'll be the end of Israel...following the logic I presented above.

Someone said that Sharon is showing restraint because he wants to - I'm saying he's showing restraint because he HAS to.

Face it, without US support, whether direct or indirect, Israel would not survive a war with the rest of the ME.

You're missing my point...if Sharon does "wipe out" the palestinian people, that'll be the end of Israel...following the logic I presented above.

Someone said that Sharon is showing restraint because he wants to - I'm saying he's showing restraint because he HAS to.

Face it, without US support, whether direct or indirect, Israel would not survive a war with the rest of the ME.

They did in 67

Why do you think in those extreme ways? Sharon wiping out the Palestinians? Why and how would that be beneficial to Israel? I think that both Israel and PA understand that this thing can't go on forever and truly want peace...that is why they're accepting US road map to peace.

Like I said before, it's not beneficial for the rest of the Arabic counties of the ME to attack Israel. Egypt and Jordan signed a peace agreement with Israel a long time ago, and they understant and know that going to war will hurt their economy, government, and the entire country in general. I also think (and hope) that the Arabic countries understant that the whole "jihad" thing is BS and it's better to work with Israel than go against it.

Why do you think in those extreme ways? Sharon wiping out the Palestinians? Why and how would that be beneficial to Israel? I think that both Israel and PA understand that this thing can't go on forever and truly want peace...that is why they're accepting US road map to peace.

Like I said before, it's not beneficial for the rest of the Arabic counties of the ME to attack Israel. Egypt and Jordan signed a peace agreement with Israel a long time ago, and they understant and know that going to war will hurt their economy, government, and the entire country in general. I also think (and hope) that the Arabic countries understant that the whole "jihad" thing is BS and it's better to work with Israel than go against it.

On the flip side you have countries like Iran that threaten total annihalation of Isreal once they obtain a nuclear weapon.

Dude, someone mentioned that Sharon is showing restraint by not wiping out the Palestinians...my POINT was to say that he has no choice...go back and read the previous posts.

Israel still had US support in the '67 war - would have been interesting to see the outcome if they didn't have US money and weaponary.

Israel happens to be the only country in that region with whom the US is friends with, if you really think about it. Because of the geographic location, Israel happening to be a democratic state, etc., US keeps its relationship with Israel. Remember that Israel is not the country where the US flag is burned everyday.

Maybe they do. And I'm sure that if there was a strong Arabic lobby in the US, they would pressure the US toward their goals...but there isn't. And the US supports Israel to some degree (the US doesn't approve of every single thing Israel does)...once again, the US is thinking about their ass only and what suits them best (and I'm not blaming them, why shouldn't they).

yeah ok....:blank:that was really weak...

Originally posted by dnice35

She never has a point.....

why don't you contribute to the topic instead of adding more bullshit useless posts to the board..there's enough of those coming from the majority of posters in here anyways....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

why don't you contribute to the topic instead of adding more bullshit useless posts to the board..there's enough of those coming from the majority of posters in here anyways....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I can see some people never change...... :rolleyes: