Clubplanet Nightlife Community

lookin for a job in South Florida

lilliz77

Well I am doing all that I can to try and find a job in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami/South Beach area. I am graduating next week with bachelors in Merchandising Management and am looking to get in the fashion arena...specifically Fashion event planning (but not exclusively). If you know of any positions open please PM me with details. Your help is much appreciated.

:)

lilliz77,

Why in the world would you want to move to So-Fla other than to party? The reason why I ask is because So-Fla is not friendly to fresh college grads unless your major is nursing. Unless you have lived here before then i want to tell you that its pretty rough down here to establish a career.

According to statistics only 21.7% of the popuplation over the age of age 25 have a bachelors degree or higher in the Miami area. So that means that about 78% dont have a bachelors degree or higher. To make things worse, Miami's job growth is not sizzling hot. Since your a business major you know that its tough to promote growth in a city where an educated workforce is lacking. So with the data presented you now know what degree of professionalism to expect from the citizens here.

Now im not saying that you cant make it here but simply suggesting that it will be difficult. If your looking for a city to start a career then i suggest that you refer to the link below. Its data of the best cities for careers and businesses and out of 150 cities guess where miami ranked? The ranking is based on education, job growth and other variables. Ok Ok miami is ranked 130 and Ft. lauderdale is ranked 79 (i could be off by a number or two). Well Lizzy good luck and hope this helps :)

http://www.forbes.com/2003/05/07/bestland.html