Clubplanet Nightlife Community

looking for a 914

I've been looking for a Porsche 914 for a few months now. Went to see one in Villanova, PA yesterday. Long story, I posted it HERE if you are interested.

If you know of anyone with a 914 for sale in this area let me know. They are light, mid engine, no power anything, air cooled, and can accept 911 suspension and engine making it the sickest thing on the track.

Originally posted by teklord310

I've been looking for a Porsche 914 for a few months now. Went to see one in Villanova, PA yesterday. Long story, I posted it HERE if you are interested.

If you know of anyone with a 914 for sale in this area let me know. They are light, mid engine, no power anything, air cooled, and can accept 911 suspension and engine making it the sickest thing on the track.

I don't know of anyone who is selling one but just thought I might

add this one.. My dad in the 70's before he had me put a 914 motor in a beetle the thing was sick looking, the motor was exposed and had big tires and suspspension and blue leopard interior lol lol

When me moved from the bronx to Staten islnd my grandmother hated that we kept it in her garage and gave it away.. I def rememeber it being quick as fuck though...

from the review you posted, it sounds like another case of this:

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e21/forum.php?postid=3378984&page=1

the infamous M3 ripoff story, read that shit...its a guy who was in the same situation you're in now.

buyer beware!

Originally posted by reddog4063

from the review you posted, it sounds like another case of this:

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e21/forum.php?postid=3378984&page=1

the infamous M3 ripoff story, read that shit...its a guy who was in the same situation you're in now.

buyer beware!

Yo I just read that yesterday. Fuckin rediculous!!

I hope the guy get his money back along with compensation and the asshole goes to jail for life.

you hit the nail on the head at the very end, have a compression/leakdown test performed...maybe when the engine was bored over the owner didnt let the piston rings seat properly(beat the shit out of it too early on), did it blow any smoke at anytime?

I went to look at a 2.2L 914 near Binghamton today... story here:

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=2809&

Nice car but a severe lack of power. Read the page and you'll see. Opinions please.

Originally posted by reddog4063

you hit the nail on the head at the very end, have a compression/leakdown test performed...maybe when the engine was bored over the owner didnt let the piston rings seat properly(beat the shit out of it too early on), did it blow any smoke at anytime?

Yeah that what i thought initially... but the car doesn't blow any smoke at all. It idles fine too. The only thing I can think of point to the head. Maybe the valves aren't closing all the way. According to the factory manual the valves need to be adjusted every 6k miles. This guy never did it, i'm don't know about the guy before him.

911s are too $$ and too $$ to maintain. 914s are cheap, basic and light. No power steering/brakes, no water pump, no power anything. Less stuff to break. Dump a nice 911 3.6 in there and you are set for life. :cool: