Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mY TIESTO AT TRANSIT REVIEW

Okay so until about 8 pm i thought i wasnt going. My 2 friends backed out on me last minute so I get an im from PSSerge from the board same thing happened to him. Let me remind you i never met this kid b4 so i tell him ill meet him on nj turnpike and ill park my car at the rest area and well go down there together. So we ended up doing just that got down there early. Club is small but it was a descent crowd. Tiesto got on around 12:15 with every1 chanting Ti es to. He played a lot of old tracks plus every single song on Nyana i honestly dont think he missed one song. The funny thing was there were more people from ny and nj there than philly. The stage was about 3 feet away from me so it was easy to get tiestos attention. I wore my nyc loves dj tiesto shirt and gave it to the guy tiesto came with. Tiesto signed it right in front of the crowd with Tiesto loves NYC ill post pic tommorrow. So i leave the front and go walking around and who do i bump into zoolander lol dancing circles around the club. I also met a lot of people from the boards such as hopla and his friend and other people who i dont remember their names. Tiesto only spun 3 hours but it was definitely better than Roxy's 4 hours. He didnt pl,ay lethal industry or suburban train but i heard them last month. What a way for Tiesto to finally end his US tour. And I cant wait to see him spin again overall rating 4 out of 5 but definitely better than roxy.

i was at the Tietso party. it was one of the better club experiences that i've had. we ordered tix online for $25 and the night of the party they were $50 at the door.

to be honest, i don't care for trance at all, so, i didn't care for the music. his style of trance doesn't seem innovative to me and it is extreamly repetitive. tiesto would be so much better if he mixed in other genras with the trance stuff. i couldn't listen to his mixing as putting that much focus on trance music would make my stomach turn and rack my brain.

the crowd was interesting. it seems as if Tietso fans are fanatical. so many people raving about how awesome he is and how they love the music so much. drug use and mass marketing has fried all of these newbie minds into thinking Tietso is the shit. you should have seen how the crowd was worshiping this guy. i've never seen anything like it. they were all like reaching towards him as if touching his skin would be like touching the Savior Himself. at one point he was tweaking some knobs while waving his hands in the air as if to conduct the crowd. he definatly communicates with the crowd and loves the attention of being a superstar. after his set (12-3:30?) he was shaking hands and signing autographs. i gotta give him credit for working the crowd as best as he could. rumor has it that he made $25k for his night. not a bad gig, eh? play about 10 records an hour for 3.5 hours and walk home with a shitload of chedder.

Transit is a cool place. it was the first time i went there and i really liked its setup. however, i was a little concerned with the quantity of gay guys that were all up on each other after Tiestos set. it look like a chipendales orgy. is that a normal thing for Transit? Is Sat night usually a gay night?????!

Thats all for now.

Bassfreq

Hey I live down here in philly and I attend every party Transit has...

To answer your question, yes the gay scene is huge at every club in philly after 4 am. And yes it usually does look like that at that time of night.

It was awesome to see such a huge turnout saturday night....He did an awesome set!

Originally posted by whytevinyl

tiesto WAS supposed to be at 611, what happened:mad: :mad:

Bahaha I knew he wouldnt make it to that mousehole. You think that with his Inflated head, he will be going to some Ghetto/Dirty city to sit in some mini hot corner to sign stuff for maybe about 10 dirty ravers? uh, NAH. He makes showings at Virgin MegaStore in Times Sq & Union Sq...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You kids thought he was actually going to be there!?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Come on!

Next time he is around Manhattan, COME UP!

Originally posted by asbrasileiras

Bahaha I knew he wouldnt make it to that mousehole. You think that with his Inflated head, he will be going to some Ghetto/Dirty city to sit in some mini hot corner to sign stuff for maybe about 10 dirty ravers? uh, NAH. He makes showings at Virgin MegaStore in Times Sq & Union Sq...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You kids thought he was actually going to be there!?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Come on!

Next time he is around Manhattan, COME UP!

some kids i met down there said he did end up showing but later on

Tiesto's preformance was good...i just saw him in Miami on 5/30 which was the best ....crowd was off the hook....transit was a small club....i was twisted by 1AM and forgot all about it.......this was my first time in Philli....i think I was the only hispanic chick in the entire club....i was up front by the left speaker....slyonspromos, I saw you you were right behind me I was glad to see someone from NY was there :).....one thing about Philli...people are very friendly....I'm not used to that....lol...looking forward to Digweed @ Centro-Fly on 7/3...Tiesto rocks.....I'm trying to head out to miami for the 7/4/03 performance...in the park...chao:rolleyes: