cooljunkie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by james954

what about dj little monster?

DJ Little Monster attends all his bookings with his mother - don't think that's really appropriate for our guys is it... they might whack me with their handbags if their kids don't win... :D

Originally posted by mrmovement33

mad props to last years winner michael louis. he is the shiznick. what a great dj. be on the look out for honarable mention from last year michael martin, who may just give the competition another run for their money.

WTF does your name have to be Michael be a CoolJunkie winner?

Originally posted by pod

It does?

2001 winners were Kurtis Patrick and Sean Bauzay.

Actually we submitted our entries as Michael Bauzay and Michael Patrick....just kidding.....Hopefully cooljunkie won't get a bunch of Michael Somethings this year because of this thread!

Originally posted by tranzwhore

are there any girl dj's on the list?

No girl DJ winners yet. But the contest is only in it's third year. If you can mix, can put a great set together that will knock our elite panel of judges on their collective asses, send it in!

Again, the schedule of events and deadlines can be found here

Originally posted by tranzwhore

does anyone out there give dj lessons?

:dj:

miami dade community college recently offered a 12-hour, non-credit dj course. the instructor is/was nick lewis. you might try contacting mdcc about it. also, there's djschool@djhana.com

i'm not affiliated with either program in any way, i'm just passing along some information.

the traditional career path is to find a friend willing to let you play around with hir turntables for a few hours and see if you get the hang of it. after that, beg, borrow, or steal your own setup, and teach yourself.

lots of good info for aspiring female djs at:

www.sistersf.com

and

www.shejay.net

feel free to pm me for more info. good luck.

i offered before to teach ...there is nothing beter than sharing your knowledge to someone who is interested...especially when it comes to spinning.

Tranzwhore...if you go out to maze on friday, meet me up and we can speak more of it

SS