Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets Do This: Space Vs Space 34....

Guest saleen351

IF ONE HAD TO BE BLOWN UP, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU KEEP?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. IF ONE HAD TO BE BLOWN UP, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU KEEP?

• KEEP SPACE 34
    • KEEP OLD SPACE

Originally posted by pod

Greg, you're usually out of there by 7 anyway! :laugh: And they do go later ... 12 PM isn't set in stone.

As for the VIP flexing around like that, I'd rather the beams give a little than be rigid and crack one day :)

Besides, you're not in the VIP to dance.

ME OUT BY 7?????:eek::laugh: i might say it, but it never ends up happening!!!

and i speak for yourself on dancing in the vip!!! SHIT, i even dance in the bathrooms!!!!!:eek: ask the tenants!!!;) they all hate me!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by pod

New Space

Better sound.

Better lighting.

Better terrace.

Underground vibe at the old one? Bullshit...you can't have an underground vibe in a 4,000 capacity venue...who the hell are you guys kidding?

That murky and spooky thing was OK, but it was time for a change...the low cieling scheme is environmentally unsound, especially in a place where everyone smokes.

Sitting in the speaker? Yeah sure...can you hear me now?

Decent Sound, lights are way to bright, and the terrace is the best location in the place. The dancefloor is a constant cluster fuck... the old building had an underground look and vibe to it; apparently the “murky and spooky†look and feel seemed to appeal to a lot of people.. check the poll sport. environmentally sound, I’m sure that’s a top priority to your average clubber. Do you use cherry lip balm, before you kiss Louis’s ass ? Can you hear me now ??

;)

You must have Wolverine senses if you think they're too bright...let's put it this way, if they put 250 W fixtures in, it'd be way too dim...if you think it's too bright, go ask Gregg to fix it :)

As far as the poll, I could care less...it's not scientific or nothin' :)

As far as the environment, yeah most people could care less about it...but I've got a chronic cough that acts up everywhere but big places like crobar and Space 34...i.e. the high cielings let all that nasty cigarette smoke gather away from the crowd.

Originally posted by pod

You must have Wolverine senses if you think they're too bright...let's put it this way, if they put 250 W fixtures in, it'd be way too dim...if you think it's too bright, go ask Gregg to fix it :)

As far as the poll, I could care less...it's not scientific or nothin' :)

As far as the environment, yeah most people could care less about it...but I've got a chronic cough that acts up everywhere but big places like crobar and Space 34...i.e. the high cielings let all that nasty cigarette smoke gather away from the crowd.

they could put a 100 watt light bulb in there, and I would be quite content. ;) yes the poll is not scientific.however it certainly expresses a sediment, I have heard from quite a few people.ultimately time will tell, how significant or insignificant these matters really are. ;)

OK ... just for the records ... the old Space was a warehouse ... the new one is a real club ...

Just move those freaking "dancers" cubes in front of the dj booth and place them equidistantly parallel to the bar ...

Now you've created a traffic path and a dancefloor ... specially in the end zone in front of the dj booth ... that is where the energy of that dancefloor should be born and flow towards the back ...

Where the cubes are now just kill the heart of the dancefloor ...

Other than that ... which takes only 10 minutes to fix ... there is no comparison ... memories are built every Saturday there now as well ... :hat:

Originally posted by vipnerd

OK ... just for the records ... the old Space was a warehouse ... the new one is a real club ...

Just move those freaking "dancers" cubes in front of the dj booth and place them equidistantly parallel to the bar ...

Now you've created a traffic path and a dancefloor ... specially in the end zone in front of the dj booth ... that is where the energy of that dancefloor should be born and flow towards the back ...

Where the cubes are now just kill the heart of the dancefloor ...

Other than that ... which takes only 10 minutes to fix ... there is no comparison ... memories are built every Saturday there now as well ... :hat:

Well what we are doing here is called reminiscing....if you're not familiar with that term. If anyone's taken the time to notice the main room at Space 34 sure looks a hell of alot like Spin...maybe that's why they're closed for "remodeling". Granted many might like the new Space 34, but nothing can replace the old "warehouse" type Space. You are right that there is no comparison, sorry, the new Space 34 doesn't do it for me or many others on this board.

Memories may be built every Saturday like you mentioned above, but the atmosphere of Space as a whole can never be reproduced. and the "vibe" is definitely not there.

Originally posted by cheekeetika

Well what we are doing here is called reminiscing....if you're not familiar with that term. If anyone's taken the time to notice the main room at Space 34 sure looks a hell of alot like Spin...maybe that's why they're closed for "remodeling". Granted many might like the new Space 34, but nothing can replace the old "warehouse" type Space. You are right that there is no comparison, sorry, the new Space 34 doesn't do it for me or many others on this board.

Memories may be built every Saturday like you mentioned above, but the atmosphere of Space as a whole can never be reproduced. and the "vibe" is definitely not there.

Move the blocks and you'll find the vibe you are 'still' looking for ... ;)

In the end, we all have our own opinion.... I like the new Space34, don't get me wrong... but I miss the warehouse feel of the old one. That's what I personally liked about it.

Some people just have to get soooooooooo technical.......sheeze. :rolleyes: (you know I love ya pod;) )

I go to Space for OG, Roland, and Picotto - so I could really care less what the fuckin' club looks like.

But the old one still rulez in my book:D

The Beach and Nocturnal will not have that 'underground' feel that so many of you are lusting after. The Beach has has a blindingly bright video wall that would send most of you into an epileptic fit based on your light sensitivity :laugh:, and Nocturnal actually has an underground feel to it, in it's current state (hehe)...but of course it's not going to have that if it is ever completed. Both clubs are big venues...i'm sorry but a 2,000 person nightclub is not underground. Underground is a few blocks away at I/O Lounge.

But both the old Space and Space 34 have their upsides and downsides. I believe though that the upsides of Space 34 make it worthwhile.

I still do want to see the traffic problem solved though. :)