Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT...Sony Digital Cameras

Originally posted by berniec

buy an extra 256mb card and you can get about 300 on one card in full quality, almost 900 in 'regular'

I have the sony dscp72 with a 128 stick it holds 87 shots and about 5:50 on mpeg movie. If you take off the fine mode and go to standard mode you get double the pictures. My Sony Camera kicks ass, the pictures are amazing, and the printouts on photo paper are 10 X times better then my old 1.2 Megapixel Camera. Not to mention the camera has some excellent features. I wouldn't waste your money on a 256 MB stick how many pictures can you take without dumping the card. I could barely take 50 pics when im out, and the mpeg movie mode comes in handy when I go out clubbing and need to catch a quick movie ;)!

Originally posted by rdancer

I wouldn't waste your money on a 256 MB stick how many pictures can you take without dumping the card. I could barely take 50 pics when im out, and the mpeg movie mode comes in handy when I go out clubbing and need to catch a quick movie ;)!

not so much for a one nite out thing, but I've taken the cam on vacation and shit and i dont really feel like takin a laptop with me, I can get about a weeks worth of pics on it from goin out and shit and then just dump them when i get back home...

My camera was got at circuit city and it was a 3.2 Megapixel cam, which takes 8 X 10 photos, on 4 X 6 paper you can print a perfect photo depending on your printer. The paper can be bought either 4 X 6 or 8 X 11, and you can find that @ any office superstore.

I agree 256 is what you need if your going on vacation, eventually Im going to buy a bigger stick, or another 128 stick.

Def. go to the store and play with the cameras, if anything go to circuit city and buy the camera you want and use it for 30 days, you can return it if your not happy. I would def. aim at the sony cameras cause they are top notch. ;)

first off, i wouldn't go with sony b/c they monopolize all the necessary accessories and parts. if you are an avid sony user, like you own a vaio computer, then go for a sony.

otherwise, i would highly recommend going with minolta or canon.

also, don't go to places like circuity city and best buy. it's a rip off and always $50-$100 more than other places. don't get suckered into those shady electronics stores around times square either.

i, personally, found the best deals at www.buydig.com. it's reputable, i've already referred over 20 of my friends there and we've all been satisifed with the prices and the delivery.

i would go with the minolta dimage, any of the new canon elph cameras. i have the canon elph, but i got mine a year ago.

Originally posted by kitty19

first off, i wouldn't go with sony b/c they monopolize all the necessary accessories and parts. if you are an avid sony user, like you own a vaio computer, then go for a sony.

otherwise, i would highly recommend going with minolta or canon.

also, don't go to places like circuity city and best buy. it's a rip off and always $50-$100 more than other places. don't get suckered into those shady electronics stores around times square either.

i, personally, found the best deals at www.buydig.com. it's reputable, i've already referred over 20 of my friends there and we've all been satisifed with the prices and the delivery.

i would go with the minolta dimage, any of the new canon elph cameras. i have the canon elph, but i got mine a year ago.

True but places like that are intended for people who know what they want to buy. This kid doesn't seem like he knows what he wants :rolleyes: