Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tonic lake hopatcong ???

Originally posted by thewave

open till two, sound is good on the dance floor in blue room, but it sounds a little distorted around the top bar, come say hi tonite

what!?! I was just there tonite, i'm one of the engineers for ktu and i thought the sound in that place was dam fuckin good- saw some JBL cabinets and they got a RANE in the booth. one of the better jersey setups i've seen/heard...i'll be honest I wasnt expecting much as far as a venue goes out in the stix of NJ, but i was surprised, its worth checkin out if your around there.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA

wave

serena

you guys are too funny at this (cant get the PMs working)

im finally awake- had a RUFFFNight) friday

anyway

yes

the guys that built up the equipment at goodies for sound

(dont want to name drop)

are gettting another bunch of $$$$$$ for adding the system to the "hiphop" area in about a week

so be ready for more additions there in a couple weeks along with some additions comming as the weeks go on-

sorry i missed it lastnight guys

sersna

thei pics are online already

goto my site

www.clubexl.com

hit the GALLERY

and its the one named TONIC as usual

and sorry sweety- no - you and your girls werent the only 3 i was chillin with HAHAAHAH BOO!

i think i was hangin with a total of 17 girls-

i even got 9 of them together to line up on the stage in the PIT-

thers some pics i didnt post-

ill be using them for somehting else-

have fun guy

and WAVE

stay in touch

the phone # i gave you is cut off

but the emails and all are easier to reach me

peace

you might need this

http://www.clubexl.com/albums/TONIC/index.htm

peace

Originally posted by berniec

i'll be honest I wasnt expecting much as far as a venue goes out in the stix of NJ, but i was surprised, its worth checkin out if your around there.

this is the attitude we all should be using-

when we hear about a new venue

so all you fuk heads stop hating

and bashin on things you dont know anything about

Originally posted by thewave

berniec,

the room u saw last nite(almost all the sound equip, brand new our other room wasen't open last nite(hip hop blue room)that room needs a little upgrade

hey i dont listen to hip hop anyway, so i probably woulda never noticed anyway j/k

but if the same guy that did the main room is doin that room it'll be off the hook in no time. I'm one of the most detail oriented people ever when it comes to club systems and processing since i've done that work before myself and you guys got it pretty much dead on. But again, its one of those things that you'll always have people complaining about because they personally think there should be more bass/etc. Look at Sound Factory / Space in Miami/the Phazon's at Roxy and Arc - those are probably some of the best systems in the US if not the world and people still bitch about 'em so to each his own lol.

btw: did i meet you last nite? just want to put a face to the username if i did lol

After working last night at TONIC for the KTU broadcast I must give a very well deserved two thumbs up!!! At first I was a little unsure of how the night would turn out but after being greeted by a great staff and management, right off the bat the Party Crew felt very very welcome !!!

The club itself is absolutely beautiful and caters to a very diverse crowd...they have two rooms and usually have hip hop in one and vocal/club/house in the main room. The bartenders and the waitresses were so nice and Diane Prior seemed to be very pleased with how things went. I would definitly recommend everyone to go and check it out and just see what it has to offer, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Thanks for everything!! :) Request me to come back, I had a blast.

Originally posted by adriennektu

After working last night at TONIC for the KTU broadcast I must give a very well deserved two thumbs up!!! At first I was a little unsure of how the night would turn out but after being greeted by a great staff and management, right off the bat the Party Crew felt very very welcome !!!

AGREED! place is run by a GREAT group of people, made us feel very welcome - thank for everything ;)

...and playing a bunch of familiar factory trax made my nite lol

:( :( :( I went thursday it was a great time, but i also went saturday, what the fuck happened! I have been there a few times b4 always had a good time but not last nite, why wasn 't the other room open? What was up with the music no one dancing at all, i got there late around 12:15, my friends went around 11, they said there were some people dancing earlier to some hip hop. The place was empty by 1 i never saw a place clear out so fast. I'm really suprised about sat i liked the place so much the other times i went. Will thursday still be good, are they gonna open the other room again? info please

from what i gather

saturdays are little hard for the area this time of year

(understandably)

thursday was BANGIN

and as for the other room not being open?

well maybe reconstruction has begun for the sound?

have to check on that one:cool:

i have seen a # of plaes open and close in the WAY NORTH NJ area

(lk hopatcong and further up)

in the past 6 years-

and its the people really that attend

the locals ya know-

they are MAD picky with the music

and they dont really dance much

but they LOVE the sound

and the feel-

i swear i want to get available a TON of free music for them

hey ANTHONY?!! YOU READING THIS?!?

lets get some cd relese party for the local yocals

Originally posted by reaserena

nice.... think i might head over there... eric you going?

of corse i will

just look for me at the booth

ill be there with those "OTHER" 3 hit girls AHAHA

jk

who u comming with/?:D

u know who i want you to bring right? i mean

even though shes got what shes got

it dont mean shes happy:hat:

im just a sneaky one

To all the Tonic Bashers:

After reading many of the negative comments about tonic I beleive they are not being posted by customers but by other clubs/bars in the area who are afraid of the clubs potential.

I have met the owners briefly and think they are committed to making the club successful.

As far as distorted sound, Although the speaker cabinets/amplifiers are over 10 years old in both rooms, they are all top of the line, quality equipment that will rattle glasses off the bar and shake shingles off the roof when properly configured. The back room actually has legendary Leviathan cabinets and long throw horns that are made for a room twice that size. So its just a matter of tweaking. Well known to all club owners, sound engineer Mike Vendetti installed both rooms and he has done more than half of the clubs in New Jersey.

You have to remember the new owners bought this place as a non functioning club with no customer base whatsoever, that was run down and neglected for 3 years, so to accomplish what they have in only a few weeks is extraordinary.

As far as the comment about "local people not dancing", changes/madhouse always had a packed dancefloor, in fact that was one of the factors to remodel from changes to the madhouse, to increase dancefloor size. Oddly enough the main room always had 3 or 4 times as many people in it as the back room, although I hear now it is just the opposite.

I havent been there but heard the inside it totally redone with a classy look to it. This club is big with a great open floor plan.

So once again, I beleive the negativity and bashing comes from local establishments who know the real potential this great club has, and fear for it hurting their businesses as it did in 1990-2000 when this club dominated the area on Friday and Saturday night doing 800-1000 patrons a night.

Kev the Rev

Changes/Madhouse

Resident Main Room DJ 1990-2000

Every Friday & Saturday Night.

1. Sound System is bad, but it always was.

2. The only change on the inside that I noticed was in the entrance.

3. Was not impressed with the crowd.

Other than that it is your normal Sussex county Club/Bar.

kev when u coming down to see me, hows the woodlands still hiting 2,000 plus thur/fri?

as for darb76 stick to fighting with juiceheads on the board and leave the club that is 2 mins away from your house alone, if any thing a thought u would like it there.

Darb I know there wasn't a lot of juiceheads @Tonic but we are working on it, were thinking about busing them in. I know that would make u feel better about it. J/K Let me know u want to go again i will make sure to set u up.