Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Joey's In Clifton....Sold???

I'm not one to spread rumors but I had at least 4-5 people ask me about this today so here it is... Keep in mind its a RUMOR ....has it, from a reliable source, that the North Jersey hot spot Joey’s In Clifton, owned by Joey Jr., has been sold . The amount of the sale has remained undisclosed but it’s believed to be in the neighborhood of $1.3-1.8 Million. Which is a very expensive neighborhood to live in for most of us. RUMOR is that the original purchase was for Surf Club but later Joey Sr. changed his mind about selling it outright, so Joey Jr. will sell Joey’s in Clifton and purchase the Surf Club from his father. Surf Club was said to be up for close to an 8 digit-figure but was later pulled off the market.

The new owners of Joey’s in Clifton’s names have not been made public yet. I only heard they are “ Well established and respected business men in the N.J. Nightlife Industry.” Whatever that may mean. However if you are dropping that kind of cash, it leaves only a few prospects that can drop dough like that, Club Owners, Top Promoters and D.J.’s.

If it’s existing club owners, you have look at the N.J. Big Dogs that could actually pull that kinda equity together and only 2 come to mind: Kip and Frank owners of Hunka Bunka / D Jais and Demetri and Kosta owners of Abyss / Deko Lounge.

Another angle of it could be the promoters. What if the Top Promoters in N.J. actually decided to step up their game and try their hand at ownership? Most eventually want to do this or already have. This could only be done by the best of the best like the Solid Enuff crew and so on.

Yet another angle of new ownership could be the D.J’s. You never know if a big time D.J., such as Louie DeVito, or someone decided to get into ownership. Either way it will be exciting to see what the new owners do to the long time North Jersey nightspot. If they change the name, the inside of the venue, the music or style of the club.

I’m sure more details will be released as the info leaks in to the streets, and only time will tell if this is a RUMOR or not. Anyone who can add to this Please feel free…

Inquiring Minds Wanna Know :confused:

Originally posted by upperlevelent

I'm not one to spread rumors but I had at least 4-5 people ask me about this today so here it is... Keep in mind its a RUMOR ....has it, from a reliable source, that the North Jersey hot spot Joey’s In Clifton, owned by Joey Jr., has been sold . The amount of the sale has remained undisclosed but it’s believed to be in the neighborhood of $1.3-1.8 Million. Which is a very expensive neighborhood to live in for most of us. RUMOR is that the original purchase was for Surf Club but later Joey Sr. changed his mind about selling it outright, so Joey Jr. will sell Joey’s in Clifton and purchase the Surf Club from his father. Surf Club was said to be up for close to an 8 digit-figure but was later pulled off the market.

The new owners of Joey’s in Clifton’s names have not been made public yet. I only heard they are “ Well established and respected business men in the N.J. Nightlife Industry.” Whatever that may mean. However if you are dropping that kind of cash, it leaves only a few prospects that can drop dough like that, Club Owners, Top Promoters and D.J.’s.

If it’s existing club owners, you have look at the N.J. Big Dogs that could actually pull that kinda equity together and only 2 come to mind: Kip and Frank owners of Hunka Bunka / D Jais and Demetri and Kosta owners of Abyss / Deko Lounge.

Another angle of it could be the promoters. What if the Top Promoters in N.J. actually decided to step up their game and try their hand at ownership? Most eventually want to do this or already have. This could only be done by the best of the best like the Solid Enuff crew and so on.

Yet another angle of new ownership could be the D.J’s. You never know if a big time D.J., such as Louie DeVito, or someone decided to get into ownership. Either way it will be exciting to see what the new owners do to the long time North Jersey nightspot. If they change the name, the inside of the venue, the music or style of the club.

I’m sure more details will be released as the info leaks in to the streets, and only time will tell if this is a RUMOR or not. Anyone who can add to this Please feel free…

Inquiring Minds Wanna Know :confused:

Just my stupid opinion, this post is exactly on point with all the other bullshit you read on this message board.

I clearly doubt that joeys is sold, in fact I guarantee it that’s first,

Second, if it were for sale, the are more Big dogs in this industry from the northern part of the state that have just as much experience and the Bucks!!!! Than the prospects you mention.

and as far as promoters being prospects, please are you fucking kidding me...

Don’t start a nasty rumor, all my friends and hundreds of people love Joeys, JOEYS is not one of those one year wonder clubs, it ranks with the best of them, Like:

SurfClub

Abyss

Temptations

Hunka Bunka

Soundgarden

Club XS

Metro Lounge

Djais

Plus Joey is a great guy

hahahaa promoters are promoters because they have no money. They suck dry the real club owners and do whatever they please because they have no liquor license to lose.

Originally posted by mpuppet

hahahaa promoters are promoters because they have no money. They suck dry the real club owners and do whatever they please because they have no liquor license to lose.

That's def untrue...Almost all Club onwers and managers start out as promoters at one time or another....Also Look at people Like Joey Enufff...One of the Biggest NJ Promoters in the game and he CO-OWNS one of the biggest clubs in Philly..Evolution..So don't even begin to say Promoters can be owners..

so coments like this from, njnjnite "as far as promoters being prospects, please are you fucking kidding me..." Are stupid and uncreative...Thats the dumbest thng I've heard...The point of promoting, like anything in life, is to evetually move up the latter to managment, then ownership...Can't promote your whole life?!

... Keep in mind its a RUMOR

from what i over heard is that joeys is being sold as of tommorow (monday) and that its being sold to the owner of abyss. not that might be completely true, that might be completely false. once again just what i over heard this weekend.

That's def untrue...Almost all Club onwers and managers start out as promoters at one time or another....Also Look at people Like Joey Enufff...One of the Biggest NJ Promoters in the game and he CO-OWNS one of the biggest clubs in Philly..Evolution..So don't even begin to say Promoters can be owners..

so coments like this from, njnjnite "as far as promoters being prospects, please are you fucking kidding me..." Are stupid and uncreative...Thats the dumbest thng I've heard...The point of promoting, like anything in life, is to evetually move up the latter to managment, then ownership...Can't promote your whole life?!

... Keep in mind its a RUMOR

AMEN

Exaclty....Binoy..Back me up..Am I wrong or right??

Yes your def right. If your smart and know how to handle your money you def can make ALOT of money promoting and runnin a marketing/promotional team.

Obviously if you have a sick drug problem or have a problem handling money you def wont be able to buy shit.

Originally posted by osb

I believe you Billy, but you know by page 3 of this thread someone will have had it sold for 10 million and turned into sweedish sex parlor.

supposively paperwork is being signed today...

I guess its a good thing it will probably be a Deko North

Nothing wrong with that