Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lowering cars.

I found a good deal on Ebay for a set of tokico shocks and springs that lower 1inch

Seperate at Stealin it's 320 for the shocks and 250 for the springs. I found a shop selling them both for $350....:)

My question is when lowering the car don't you have to adjust the camber or the tire will wear uneven??? The inch drop isn't drastic but just thought I ask because the 300zx board I am on is a infant and doesn't get much hits...

-0.3 camber...

its hot...

btw : coilovers is the onyl way to go...

suspension is not a place to cheap out on...

that goes for tires as well..

even thou my tires costed 65 bucks a tire... but they are quite good... i got some futuras from pepboys... they were on sale. they almost look like slicks...

anyays... what kinda springs are they? spring rate?

Originally posted by atomicapples

rims and tires should be the first mod.

Here is a set of M Sports 18x8.5F and 18X9.5R I can grab em for 1600 with tires from wheelmax.com/. This is what the car would look like with them on and lowered .08 inch

attachment.php?s=&postid=1543308

-0.3 camber...

its hot...

btw : coilovers is the onyl way to go...

suspension is not a place to cheap out on...

that goes for tires as well..

even thou my tires costed 65 bucks a tire... but they are quite good... i got some futuras from pepboys... they were on sale. they almost look like slicks...

anyays... what kinda springs are they? spring rate?

I am not sure what coilovers are but they are expensive???Stillen has em at 500 what are they..

Originally posted by mr mahs

I am not sure what coilovers are but they are expensive???Stillen has em at 500 what are they..

Coilovers are a pre-assembled spring and strut assembly, except the difference is they have adjustable perches so you can raise or lower the car's ride height. Yes sometimes they're expensive and sometimes the cheap ones suck.

ha1.jpg

ha2.jpg

the benefit is usually stiffer spring rates than with struts and springs alone, plus you can adjust the rideheight by screwing the spring perches...

the downside is that on Staten Island, a stiff suspension like this might be more of a curse t han a blessing

Originally posted by mr mahs

I read on a Z board that they don't have camber adjustments you have to install them.. Would an inch drop really require a camber adjustment??

lets just put it this way...

you drop it like 3 cm, it changes the whole geometry of the everything and everything will have to be changed to make everything perfect.

btw : those nice green coilovers cintron posted are probably the best coilovers money can by for any japanese car...

others are ...

cusco

hks hiper

jic magic

others are ...

cusco

hks hiper

jic magic

Tanabe

Toda Racing

Garage Fukui [MAD expensive]

HKS

APEX'I

H&R...

go check www.takakaira.com if you want to see what some companies have for your car.

It's expensive and its out of japan but usually it includes stuff you wont find easily around here.