Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Shady

kken

"Club owners and promoters "are not visionaries," Bailey says. "They're trying to put butts in the seats. . . . If there's some novelty to there being a collection of [female] DJs, they're going to do it."

Which is why DJ Keri of Atlanta slipped into lavender lingerie, four-inch heels and a feather boa and posed next to a stack of CDs for next month's issue of Playboy. The former beauty queen and model is in high demand, for both her DJ skills and sex appeal. She was behind the turntables at a party for basketball bad boy Dennis Rodman and spun records in Aruba. She often sings over the tracks -- she was trained in opera -- and recently released a self-produced CD. But she has never, she says, posed naked, or even semi-naked. Until now.

"It's all about your marketing, your package. . . . It can't hurt to look good," she says . "I'm trying to be a star."

A lesbian couple is grinding in a corner as DJ Dirty Jean spins a remix of the '80s hit "Don't You Want Me?"

I love that song.

"We would just rather be known as talented DJs with skills rather than chicks in bikinis," she says. But then she adds: "Not that we don't wear bikinis."

And therein lies the paradox. "How do you get people interested and excited in women as DJs without promoting them in a sexual way when part of what you're promoting is gender?" Shaw says.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

"Club owners and promoters "are not visionaries," Bailey says. "They're trying to put butts in the seats. . . . If there's some novelty to there being a collection of [female] DJs, they're going to do it."

Which is why DJ Keri of Atlanta slipped into lavender lingerie, four-inch heels and a feather boa and posed next to a stack of CDs for next month's issue of Playboy. The former beauty queen and model is in high demand, for both her DJ skills and sex appeal. She was behind the turntables at a party for basketball bad boy Dennis Rodman and spun records in Aruba. She often sings over the tracks -- she was trained in opera -- and recently released a self-produced CD. But she has never, she says, posed naked, or even semi-naked. Until now.

"It's all about your marketing, your package. . . . It can't hurt to look good," she says . "I'm trying to be a star."

im not the only one that looked up dj keri, am i?