Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trainwrecking Continued

first off, there really is no reason to trainwreck with the exception of a record/cd skipping........so let's break it down like this:

1. all records have a given bpm...

2. there is a underlying count to structure the song( 8, 16, or 32 count)

now if you know these 2 basic things there is NEVER a reason to overlap the words of 2 songs or mismatch the beats.

i am my worst critic......my only mistake this year was at the opening party at surf when a remix i have on darkbeat was skipping all over the place......

my mistake last year was at surf when some guido grabbed me and hugged me wanting to buy a cd yelling in my ear.....

as far as not being able to mix while drunk.............some guys play great drunk......it gives you a greater level of confidence....

personally i play better drunk because in my head i make up for the time delay i guess and have a greater level of confidence.......obviously some guys are a disaster drunk.....

as far as using the excuse, "i had no monitor" depending on what mixer you have that is bullshit.....all the RANE or UREI mixers, (which are the club standard mixers), all of these mixers have a switch in which you can hear what is being played to the crowd in your headphone, so to say you can't hear hear the same 2 songs at the same time is a weak excuse. if your in a room where the booth is 75 feet away from the dance floor and there is a 1 or 2 second delay, start the mix with your headphones on then take them off immediately, then compensate for the delay on the fly......

as far as the comment about the big room about big room dj's being politically involved to get a job in a club is bullshit with the exception of a few......i personally have played a lot of shitholes in my day and so has a lot of other guys......denny, manny, rydell, unique and myself worked our way up the ladder, you don't always fall into a club gig by knowing someone.......

i gotta go, i have more to add later.........

by the way, frankie v=trainwreck...........i worked at tradewinds when it first opened with him, also city lights......you think he would get better with time....plus he'll talk shit about you to try to steal your shift......cut-throat....young guys watch your shifts.....have a good sunday........................kirk lopez

couldn't have explained that any better Kirk!

I used to work in a room where there was no monitor and no split cue on the mixer....you would start the mix and bring it right in compensate on the fly....oh those were the days....and the pitch control was a tiny dial in the front of the table circa ummmmm 1988 lol

peace-John

Originally posted by kirklop

plus he'll talk shit about you to try to steal your shift......cut-throat....young guys watch your shifts.....have a good sunday........................kirk lopez

kirk sucks...he is a trainwreck...he cant mix a cake

can i do surf sundays now???:laugh:

Originally posted by kirklop

as far as the comment about the big room about big room dj's being politically involved to get a job in a club is bullshit with the exception of a few......i personally have played a lot of shitholes in my day and so has a lot of other guys......denny, manny, rydell, unique and myself worked our way up the ladder, you don't always fall into a club gig by knowing someone.......

I made this comment kirk but I think you took it out of context..........I did not say ANY DJ playing a big room got there through politics.........I said that there are DJs out there playing big gigs that don't deserve it as much as some others but are only there due to politics..........and that I've heard DJs who are exceptional but lose out because don't know anyone..........I agree that one can make it big on their own but I believe it's much more difficult than if you know the right people..........I don't think anyone in the music industry could argue with that statement. Anyhow, my original post is below.

I'm not speaking particular to this situation necessarily but I've heard a lot of bad DJs who had residencies at big places..........it's very political like anything else. I've heard bedroom DJs that would do rings around these so-called "super" DJs..........but they don't know the right people.

Originally posted by djqwest

Kirk,

You're other mistake last year and this year was and is, not being on MetroMixRadio.com. I don't know what you're waiting for. I've already given you a special invitation :)

All the best,

Qwest

Do DJ's get paid 2 play on metro Mix radio??

What is the benefit of a big names DJ like Kirk playing on that website?? I hear it benefits newer and smaller name DJ's.

Once in a while youll have a Big guy like Richie S. or Hector R., but i cant see it helping them out in anyway. They already have a huge follwing of people who know who they are.

Okay.

Originally posted by marcomaxim

What is the benefit of a big names DJ like Kirk playing on that website?? I hear it benefits newer and smaller name DJ's.

Once in a while youll have a Big guy like Richie S. or Hector R., but i cant see it helping them out in anyway. They already have a huge follwing of people who know who they are.

Yeah, there really are many benefits to djs of all levels. But this really isn't the place to get into it.

Qwest.

Originally posted by christianjay

lol

wouldn't you like to be able to hear them outside a club?

besides, it lets people get a chance to hear them that are maybe in another country or across the us...

Originally posted by christianjay

lol

wouldn't you like to be able to hear them outside a club?

besides, it lets people get a chance to hear them that are maybe in another country or across the us...

Between bartending and hangin out on my off nights, the last thing i want to do is hear anybody, so i guess the answer is NO. lol

I wasnt aware that people on other countries also listen to the website, i guess that is a positive.

Does is actually get any of you DJ's booked over seas when people listen to you on the website station?? i mean some of my personal friends get booked over seas all the time, but it wasnt because they were heard on the radio, u understand what im saying.

If you would like to discuss the many aspects of what we do at mmradio hit me back via email.

Thanks,

Qwest

djqwest@metromixradio.com

Between bartending and hangin out on my off nights, the last thing i want to do is hear anybody, so i guess the answer is NO. lol

I wasnt aware that people on other countries also listen to the website, i guess that is a positive.

Does is actually get any of you DJ's booked over seas when people listen to you on the website station?? i mean some of my personal friends get booked over seas all the time, but it wasnt because they were heard on the radio, u understand what im saying.

I would think that many times bigger name DJs are good people and are willing to spin to a set to help the web site out and in turn, help the smaller names get some exposure..........if I was a DJ and just liked to spin (even when not getting paid), I'd sure do it...........