Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LALate Snags White Lotus Twice Per Week

lalate

Except from Press Release:

lalatesmall.jpg

For Immediate Press Release:

LA's Preeminent Nightlifestyle Website gets Top Venue

LALate Snags Entry to White Lotus for Twice per Week

JUNE 28, 2003. LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA. It's a Thursday night on an otherwise quiet street in Hollywood. As a taco chain store owner closes shop, two soon-to-be clubgoers exit the store with late night, newly-bought burritos in hand, fully digested, salsa, chips, and all, ready to experience something that has become an LA phenonema of the moment. From their empty burrito shop and the ghost-town-like street they walk up to an unassuming building that, on a Thursday night, suddenly in a blink of the eye has two hundred people in line outside. You see a retail value of $200,000 worth of cars next to its front door. "Are you ready," says the burrito boy to his buddy. The reply is expected. "Yes, let's do it. Let's do Lotus"

White Lotus is a restaurant nightclub on Cahuenga in Hollywood, California that has captured the minds of every clubgoer in LA as their destination of choice. LALate.com, the top website for entry to over four dozen VIP-only guestlist events in Los Angeles per week, announced today that it now has White Lotus two nights per week - Wednesdays and Thursdays. LALate and NY Late are the successful spinoff businesses of the Television Internet Broadcasting Network that are widely credited as the preeminent authority on nightlifestyle, everything from glamor to automotive trends on the nightlife scene, or as one editor comically commented, "LALate is the Martha Stewart of the Bling Bling".

Why this should matter to these two clubgoers is what is fascinating. Last week, the TV series Access Hollywood named LALate's listed White Lotus the #1 Top Venue in Los Angeles. And if that wasn't enough, the program said the best night at White Lotus (and most impossible night to get in) is Thursday.

For these two clubgoers, their ability to secure entry to the top venue in Los Angeles now on two nights has turned to be a jewel in their crown. Why? The irony is that beauty doesn't alone get you into White Lotus, the "it" venue of the moment, if you just aren't on the list.

Two girls pass the two boys. "I can't believe all this cleavage didn't do s**it for me, even if I wasn't on the list," says the one Sharika-wantabe girl to the other, upset that she was passed up for entry because she wasn't on "the list".

"Dude, do you wanta wait yet another hour and a half in line", says a preppy banker-looking guy to his buddy, tired from their wait in a non moving line.

For these two clubgoers with their salsa in their stomaches, their nominal fee they pay the website LALate.com per month gets each of them plus one guest into as many of the top VIP guestlist only parties that LALate lists per week - over 40 on average. "I never knew two words could get us dates so easy for tonight - White Lotus." Guys generally in their early 20s use LALate because it gets them and their guest, usually their date or their girlfriend, into venues almost no one can get into and hence helps their chances with the ladies. Girls love LALate because many of its lists get them in for free to venues that can charge others up to $20 that night.

For LALate, the scene may be White Lotus tonight. But next Wednesday, the scene will repeat and two more guys having parked their car with and prepared for the best night in town will say those same repeated words "ready to do Lotus?"

http://www.lalate.com :)

thanks. it's all about having fun and meeting new faces and getting some great luvin.

happy 4th!

Originally posted by tequiza

I've yet to use your services (well, almost did) But I give it :aright: :aright: regardless, just for the wonderful clubbing tidbits you endowed us with.