Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What to do?

djrman

I've recently married my girlfriend of 2yrs. We've been married for only 3mnths. I decided to do things the old fashion way by marrying before living together. One would figure that this should be the happies moment in our lives. However, all we do is argue all the time to the point where we can't stand each other. It's not all the time either. We do have our great moments, just that the arguing takes away from everything else. I do love her as she loves me, but seems like sometimes we're tearing each other apart. I've asked her for some time/space to gather my thoughts and think about all aspects of our relationship. It's not a question of love. It's all the other little things that add up. She claims that we should be mature enough to work out our problems by facing them. The thing is that I know we'll be fine for a month or so till we're at each other again. That's why I asked her for the space to reflect on what we have. Whether or not I can be with her or to move on with my life no matter what. I never thought I would find myself within these crossroads. I guess this is what happens when you jump into marriage without really knowing the person in everyway. I just wished there was a better way so we wouldn't hurt. Oh well, thanks for taking time to read my situation. I would appreciate any honest opinion/feedback.

I lean more towards the old-fashioned way of moving in together after marriage, but it shouldn't lead to problems if the 2 of you are compatable.

What do you two argue about? is it serious stuff, or dumb little things?

If it's dumb little things, those can be worked out by just communicating and being fair. But if it's big time stuff, then you might have a problem on your hands.

Can you get a little more specific?

Guest jroo
Originally posted by djrman

I've recently married my girlfriend of 2yrs. We've been married for only 3mnths. I decided to do things the old fashion way by marrying before living together. One would figure that this should be the happies moment in our lives. However, all we do is argue all the time to the point where we can't stand each other. It's not all the time either. We do have our great moments, just that the arguing takes away from everything else. I do love her as she loves me, but seems like sometimes we're tearing each other apart. I've asked her for some time/space to gather my thoughts and think about all aspects of our relationship. It's not a question of love. It's all the other little things that add up. She claims that we should be mature enough to work out our problems by facing them. The thing is that I know we'll be fine for a month or so till we're at each other again. That's why I asked her for the space to reflect on what we have. Whether or not I can be with her or to move on with my life no matter what. I never thought I would find myself within these crossroads. I guess this is what happens when you jump into marriage without really knowing the person in everyway. I just wished there was a better way so we wouldn't hurt. Oh well, thanks for taking time to read my situation. I would appreciate any honest opinion/feedback.

you married her for a reason. search for that reason. i know that you didnt just get married to get a divorce if it didnt work out. a little fact for you is that the couples that get married then live together work out the best. because you two had the faith to just go for it. you both felt that your love was strong enough. i have a buddy that said the first 3 years of his marriage was hell, but now he wouldnt have it any other way, they've been married for about 7 years. its all about respect. work it out man. i know you love her. just try to communicate.

Every couple goes through bad days and good days.

To me if you get married you've decided you want to spend your whole life with that person no matter what happens.

If you two loved each other enough to make that leap then you can work out the problems. Divorce should not be a thought in your head but having patience and understanding and being able to communicate is key to the success of your marriage.

Don't hold grudges and keep them bottled inside cause you'll just hate the person your with and everything about them.

Try to tell each other why u get angry and LISTEN AND LEARN FROM THAT