Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention guyman.......

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

30k at the game....

willis is the real deal......

though i see another Doc Gooden comming....

sniff sniff......:laugh:

Originally posted by guyman1966

8,000 walk up tickets sold. 2nd highest in club history.

Now, they are keeping Mike L. for now (happy now Matas?) but, expect Derrick L. to go around the All-Star break.

Stadium deal is not far away.... Marlins are here to stay.

:clap: I LOVE YOU GUYMAN!!!! (like in a player to coach way...not in a gay lovers kind of way):clap:

Guest saleen351

2006 marlins are gone as a team....

9 grand walked up yesterday guyman, not 8k....

team needs a 35k retractable dome.... but you are gonna get a bunch of miami folk to pay for it? only if they are allowed to slang rock in the parking lot....

ps anyone that knows baseball and sports understands once a player gets known in the leagues by all the hitters, the hitters get his number and he gets shelled.... This happens every year....

Clemons was throwing 98 mph in the sixth inning during the world series.... Thats why hes great, willis, doesnt have that kind of heat.....

Originally posted by saleen351

2006 marlins are gone as a team....

9 grand walked up yesterday guyman, not 8k....

team needs a 35k retractable dome.... but you are gonna get a bunch of miami folk to pay for it? only if they are allowed to slang rock in the parking lot....

I really don't see the point in a new stadium... Hardly anyone goes now... A new stadium means higher ticket prices and parking..... For the most part, Miami is in the toilet with jobs right now, so people just can't spare the $50 to take their family to the game...

Speaking of which, Guyman, when's our next baseball party cook-out?;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lolahotass

I really don't see the point in a new stadium... Hardly anyone goes now... A new stadium means higher ticket prices and parking..... For the most part, Miami is in the toilet with jobs right now, so people just can't spare the $50 to take their family to the game...

i'll give the marlins props, they are really trying.....

but why the cubs are one of the best teams in the league is simple... Their fans show up no matter what. Hell they haven't won the worldseries like 1914..

heres just a brief list

Twenty major events that have occurred since the Chicago Cubs last laid claim to a world series championship...

1. Radio was invented; Cubs fans got to hear their team lose.

2. TV was invented; Cubs fans got to see their team lose.

3. Baseball added 14 teams; Cubs fans get to see and hear their team lose to more clubs.

4. George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.

5. Haley's comet passed Earth twice.

6. Harry Caray was born....and died. Incredible, but true.

7. The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league.

8. Man landed on the moon, as have several home runs given up by Cubs pitchers.

9. Sixteen U.S. presidents were elected.

10. There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.

11. Prohibition was created and repealed.

12. The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered and became the subject of major motion pictures, the latest giving Cubs fans hope that something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.

13. Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League.

14. Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down.

15. A combination of 40 Summer and Winter Olympics have been held.

16. Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several thanked Cubs pitchers.

17. Bell-bottoms came in style, went out of style and came back instyle; disco did the same.

18. The Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox and Florida Marlins have all won the World Series.

19. The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games; they lost the majority of them.

20. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma and New Mexico were admitted to the Union

pt is the fan shows up, if the marlins fans only show up when they win, they you might as well pack it up now.. The arizona d backs are in serious trouble aswell. When they start to loose, that entire city is going to stop going to the games...

teams that must go

OAK

Arizona

Spos

Jays

Marlines

Devil Rays

and moving any of these teams and making them the Senators is a dumb move... Baltimore is too close to make it work...

Alright Ms. Sports MOD - Get ready for a lesson in the economics of baseball in Miami...

The Marlins will draw people to the games if they play exciting ball. Last night is prof of that!

The only way to keep the team exciting is to be in a position to keep the good players and resign them as free agents. This is not possible under the current situation... Why (you may ask), because the MARLINS only have TWO sources of income. The Marlins get money from TV rights and Ticket sales ONLY.

The Marlins tenants. They RENT from Wayne H. and the Dolphins. This means that all revenue from signage (except the scoreboard, outfield wall and behind the plate) goes directly to Wayne. All FOOD & BEVERAGE money goes to Wayne. All SUITE money goes to Wayne. All Parking goes to Wayne. All of this adds up and puts the Marlins at a disadvantage. This is the main reason they need their own park.

And, for the record, Marlins ticket prices are cheap. True, "Founder Club" seats are $60 each... but you can get seats for as little as $4 for adults and $3 for kids. I brought a group two weeks ago and we sat in the outfield stands for these exact ticket prices and had a blast.

Also, they had a great crowd last night and the place still looks empty because it holds 74,000 people. The Marlins need a 35,000 seat ballpark. Just to help improve the atmosphere.

A new ballpark will give the team more money to keep good players and thus play more competitive ball. It will improve the atmosphere, make the experience more positive, and a retractable dome will help keep the weather out. All of this will put more fans in the stands. On a side note, TV ratings indicate that the fans want to watch the team, they just don’t show up at the games.

Name the date, but lets pick a night game.

but why the cubs are one of the best teams in the league is simple... Their fans show up no matter what. Hell they haven't won the worldseries like 1914..

they havent won a "title" since 1908...get it right:rolleyes: (ex Cub fan)

Guest saleen351

how you make a dome out of 35k seat arena for baseball is beyond me... it's too small, the roof won't be high enough, this park is going to cost a fortune and............

2006 is the year they can ax teams, by then, no new dome will be ready, that will take 3-6 years... And who will pay for it? tax payers? NO WAY IN HELL WILL THE TAX PAYERS PAY FOR IT, AND TURN OWNERSHIP OVER TO A PRIVATE COMPANY...

this idea is almost as dumb as putting the nfl back in L.A.... and who knows fuck face may win his billion dollar lawsuit and block it...

my plan.....

1. kill castro

2. put in a democracy

3. ship all these miami spics back there

4. move the marlins to cuba....

5. ban trance music....

how you make a dome out of 35k seat arena for baseball is beyond me... it's too small, the roof won't be high enough, this park is going to cost a fortune and............

2006 is the year they can ax teams, by then, no new dome will be ready, that will take 3-6 years... And who will pay for it? tax payers? NO WAY IN HELL WILL THE TAX PAYERS PAY FOR IT, AND TURN OWNERSHIP OVER TO A PRIVATE COMPANY...

First, your plan sucks. I want the Cubans to stay!

Second, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT! Retractable Dome's that seat around $40,000 include:

Minute Made Park - Astros - Seats 42,000 and cost $250 Mil to build.

Millar Park - Brewers - Seats 42,000 and cost $400 mil to build

and I could go on.... But, the point is it can be done, the teams keep all the revenue.... IT WILL HAPPEN HERE.

my plan.....

1. kill castro

2. put in a democracy

3. ship all these miami spics back there

4. move the marlins to cuba....

5. ban trance music....

:clap2: ...sounds good to me, anyways, baseball IS a Cuban sport anyways...i better not see u in Havana buying cigars and trying to pick up hot Cuban women....

Alright Ms. Sports MOD - Get ready for a lesson in the economics of baseball in Miami...

The Marlins will draw people to the games if they play exciting ball. Last night is prof of that!

The only way to keep the team exciting is to be in a position to keep the good players and resign them as free agents. This is not possible under the current situation... Why (you may ask), because the MARLINS only have TWO sources of income. The Marlins get money from TV rights and Ticket sales ONLY.

The Marlins tenants. They RENT from Wayne H. and the Dolphins. This means that all revenue from signage (except the scoreboard, outfield wall and behind the plate) goes directly to Wayne. All FOOD & BEVERAGE money goes to Wayne. All SUITE money goes to Wayne. All Parking goes to Wayne. All of this adds up and puts the Marlins at a disadvantage. This is the main reason they need their own park.

And, for the record, Marlins ticket prices are cheap. True, "Founder Club" seats are $60 each... but you can get seats for as little as $4 for adults and $3 for kids. I brought a group two weeks ago and we sat in the outfield stands for these exact ticket prices and had a blast.

Also, they had a great crowd last night and the place still looks empty because it holds 74,000 people. The Marlins need a 35,000 seat ballpark. Just to help improve the atmosphere.

A new ballpark will give the team more money to keep good players and thus play more competitive ball. It will improve the atmosphere, make the experience more positive, and a retractable dome will help keep the weather out. All of this will put more fans in the stands. On a side note, TV ratings indicate that the fans want to watch the team, they just don’t show up at the games.

Name the date, but lets pick a night game.

Guyman - very well written. Being I'm not a baseball fan, I was unaware that the Marlins rented the stadium from Wayne. Now I see the light!

And I agree, the tickets are cheap - but with a new stadium, prices will go up.... in my opinion....

For the record, I think baseball (and most pro sports for that matter) is full of whiney ass punks that make wayyyy too much money... then they make demands for new stadiums and shit like that; expecting tax payers like myself to pay for it. Why don't the baseball players that want the stadium all pitch in then.... WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR IT? They make MILLIONS of dollars compared to my crap-ass salary... That is my biggest beef with voting for new stadiums, etc... It's bull shit. What happened to playing for the love of the game:confused:

LETS GO MARLINS:D

This is the same reason why Nerve will own Fridays very soon ;):eek::D

:otopic: GET OFF MY THREAD :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, if Nerve can find a way to make it without LP... go for it!!!!!

Ask Jon about it ... I am not involved there on a constant basis ... plus there are a couple VIP's/beds that suit your demands for entertainment :eek::D