Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where can i hear HARD HOUSE?

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

US Hard House - Venom, Irene, Bam Bam etc..which is def not something you would hear JP play

i'll have to disagree with your statement here.

there is no such thing as generic "US Hard House."

what you just described is Chicago hard house -- DJ Bam Bam, Nemesis, DJ Irene, House o Holics (which used to also be found at the Tunnel upstairs).

there is such a thing as New York hard house. this is the darker beats you would've heard at the Tunnel. a lil bit sexy at times, a lil bit tribal and a shitload of house.

the one song that always comes to mind: "Ecstasy (Take your shirts off)" by Johnny Vicious. a clear NY hard house anthem. :aright:

Originally posted by kitty19

there is such a thing as New York hard house. this is the darker beats you would've heard at the Tunnel. a lil bit sexy at times, a lil bit tribal and a shitload of house.

its called techno....

and as for chicago/US..the only reason i call it US is to differentiate between US and UK...but you are basically right

take it from a hardhouse fan,

there are no hardhouse parties at ANY clubs in NYC. Subliminal is NOT hard house, JP is NOT hard house, viscious is NOT hard house and Draper is NOT hard house.......there is one party every thursday on 7th ave south with a DJ named ***********, he IS hard house, but there are ZERO hard house club nights in NYC, its a shame.......

back in the 90's the hardhouse scene was HUUUGE in the midwest.....mixtapes were traded as frequently as MP3's are nowadays, but there is not that much new "old school" hardhouse coming out now, everything is alot more funky now, and closer to generic house than it is to hard house......

Originally posted by fwilso01

why when i try to say a dj's name, does it come up "*******" wtf is that? well, lemme try again, his name is ***********

Try putting spaces in between the letters.. for some reason CP must have it blocked.

the one song that always comes to mind: "Ecstasy (Take your shirts off)" by Johnny Vicious. a clear NY hard house anthem. :aright:

Is there anywhere to hear music like this, this is one of my all time favorites, anytype of music along these lines would do

Originally posted by blazynup

THis sounds nuce, where u spin

thanks alot for the feedback

but i dont want this to turn into a threadjacking:

to answer ya though

im not spinning anywhere now-

did my # of years on the decks- in the booths and whatnot-

that set was recorded completly live at a spot in NJ called MANHATTAN STREETS ( how ironic huh )

its has alot of tracks i brought back from the UK with me-

i still havent found a proper description for the music style it leans to-

soon ill be doing this FETISH pary on a monthly in NYC then BI-weekly

( guess you cant us the term "BI" and FETISH ) in the same sentace:laugh:

let me know if you want to come

just contact me througt my website

www.clubexl.com

(contact info at bottom)