Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is america? something to chew on.

Originally posted by sassa

ever wondered WHY 15 of the 19 hijackers were saudis? ever wondered why the US didn't go after them like they did iraq (no iraqi hijackers as far as i know, maybe one) and afghanistan (which had none, but unfortunately bin laden had supposedly picked it as a place to camp out?) ?

btw, what is your response to my comment on your previous post?

saudi is a much different country than iraq. much bigger and much more respected( even though i personally think they are the root of the problem and maybe we should do something about it.) Most importantly, they have more oil than any other OPEC nation, and i mean WAY more. So they have the ability to drive oil prices through the roof. Its all economics. But i think their time is coming. We just need to be patient. Also, part of this war on terror is a almost like a bluff. We spent a decade doing absolutely nothing about terror attacks and security issues. Now we are showing that we are willing to do something about it. By forcefully taking out these "weaker" terrorist nations (remember iraq had already violated the U.N. sanctions), we are trying to send the message to saudi arabia and the sudan and all these other countries that they better start getting their shit together or there will be consequences. We can't just bomb everyone, so we have to do what we can to show these people that we are not afraid. They only respect force and authority. Diplomacy to them is this stupid game that they have realized is our weakness.

Now to your other post. First, i think we need to stop comparing the US to any of these other empires. These were all empires where the leaders lived extremely wealthy and the masses were starving. They were structures maintained by force and oppression. The US is the total opposite. Of course the leaders are wealthy and powerful, but the difference is small. The wealth of this nation is spread much more evenly throughout the population. Look at the whole CA recall issue. This is something driven by the people and shows that we can still control the system. But you're right, there are certain people who are trying to keep us uneducated and dependant on the government with the goal of creating one of these types of "empires." But we are farther from it than you think. I think things are actually much better than most of us would like to believe. We judge the country by the major cities that most of us here on cp live in, but in reality most people in america are not like the people in LA, DC, NY, Miami, etc. Most of the people in this country are still quite religious, decent, family-oriented people." I agree, this country desperately needs a revolution. But it won't be one of these bloody battles that are all too common in history. It's gonna be a revolution of words and ideas AND i think it has already begun. :)