Clubplanet Nightlife Community

God help us all, the Maze review is up on cooljunkie...

Guest saleen351

Originally posted by saleen351

thoughts?

comments?

http://www.cooljunkie.com/clubs/maze/superchumbo_review.html

I know your intention was not to create a negative feeling over the nite ... thou especially the booth was an important issues for you ...

Could have started with the review of Ralph and Tom ... with the fact that Tom held the people til 4:30 as oppossed to 3:30 ... with his technical abilities which will/could continue next Friday the 11th with your boy SR ... with the best light show you have ever seen ...

And mixing up the pro's ... throw in the con's ... the booth ... the volume during RF's opening set ... the underground sound of TS which wasn't your cup of tea ... the L.I. Ice teas being too expensive ...

Your first paragraph sets the tone of what is due to follow ... and your conclusion wraps up the content and its intentionality ...

The electrician part could have served as a funny anecdote ... instead it created even further negativity ...

I'll give it a C+ :D ... at the same time I know if you follow the above you could become a B+ all of a sudden :) ...

Btw ... I think the lights guy at Space heard you ... it was dark as the old Space last Saturday ... :hat:

Guest saleen351

vip i hear ya, i wrote it the way i did, because i felt maze has been messing with ralph too long, and ralph is a major reason why maze fridays is what it is.. TS will come and go, but screwing with the booth for too long is bullshit to us ralph fans...

*i don't speak for ralph, i don't know ralph, i just like him as my friday night dj, and felt hes been "wronged" and maybe if he left the owners would come around and get it done..

vip i hear ya, i wrote it the way i did, because i felt maze has been messing with ralph too long, and ralph is a major reason why maze fridays is what it is.. TS will come and go, but screwing with the booth for too long is bullshit to us ralph fans...

*i don't speak for ralph, i don't know ralph, i just like him as my friday night dj, and felt hes been "wronged" and maybe if he left the owners would come around and get it done..

The booth has been a problem for ever ... it has scared DJs away from Maze ...

Good luck in NJ ... I'm glad i don't have to be back in Wildwood anymore thou :hat:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by vipnerd

The booth has been a problem for ever ... it has scared DJs away from Maze ...

Good luck in NJ ... I'm glad i don't have to be back in Wildwood anymore thou :hat:

wildwood is a dump.......

and the go karts suck!!!

they are those radio control ones, whereas if you bash people, they can cut your throttle...:mad:

wildwood is a dump.......

and the go karts suck!!!

they are those radio control ones, whereas if you bash people, they can cut your throttle...:mad:

I know ... we used to call Wildwood "the arm pit of America" :D ... but that lower middle class crowd and their teenagers save all year to go there in the summer ... it is very good for business :D :D ... and then AC is 30 minutes away ...

Have some friends that have stores in Seaside thou ... and it is also good there ... but more competition ... whereas in Wildwood we kinda ruled ... :hat:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cheekeetika

One question - Does Saleen eer have anything good to say? Just wondering...:confused::rolleyes:

That’s right, I got a private tour of the booth, and it might be bigger than Oscar G’s booth at Space 34. I think CoolJunkie should dispatch Bob Vila down there with his tape measure to see which is bigger.

I’ve been told the new booth will have a fridge, VIP area, racks for records and some kind of joystick that you can move the sound around the room. We’ll see, cause now that it’s in print they have to follow threw.

Maze has this kick ass promotion where you pay 2 bucks and they give you any drink

However the crowd seemed to like it, and the house heads were enjoying it.

But for me, Ralph’s progressive sound is what I like. Though Tom Stephan can work the decks! This guy can mix 3 records and a margarita at the same time.

His technical skills are amazing. You simply can’t tell when he mixes in a track. I have zero idea what tracks he was playing, and I can usually id a lot of them.

I was told people stayed past 4.30am so he kept the crowd there, which is something Maze is working hard on doing. Usually at 330am Maze clears out.

Now the lights in the main room could be the best I’ve ever seen. They are just starting to tap into the power of that system.

Over the new booth, there are 4 new lights, well at least I’ve never seen them before. When they cranked them on, the light hits the ceiling and it looks like waves on the ocean.

They just keep getting better and better, unlike Space 34 where it’s so freaking bright you need sunscreen and sunglasses.

And I’m glad to see Maze brought in Frankie. He is a bartender that used to bartend at Space, not sure if he still does or not, but he had the place going. Just move him into the main room.

Overall it was a good night, can’t really complain, I should have known Tom wasn’t my cup of tea, but many enjoyed it, and the club was packed with a nice amount of ladies.

i guess thats not positive....

That’s right, I got a private tour of the booth, and it might be bigger than Oscar G’s booth at Space 34. I think CoolJunkie should dispatch Bob Vila down there with his tape measure to see which is bigger.

I’ve been told the new booth will have a fridge, VIP area, racks for records and some kind of joystick that you can move the sound around the room. We’ll see, cause now that it’s in print they have to follow threw.

Maze has this kick ass promotion where you pay 2 bucks and they give you any drink

But for me, Ralph’s progressive sound is what I like. Though Tom Stephan can work the decks! This guy can mix 3 records and a margarita at the same time.

His technical skills are amazing. You simply can’t tell when he mixes in a track. I have zero idea what tracks he was playing, and I can usually id a lot of them.

I was told people stayed past 4.30am so he kept the crowd there, which is something Maze is working hard on doing. Usually at 330am Maze clears out.

Now the lights in the main room could be the best I’ve ever seen. They are just starting to tap into the power of that system.

Over the new booth, there are 4 new lights, well at least I’ve never seen them before. When they cranked them on, the light hits the ceiling and it looks like waves on the ocean.

They just keep getting better and better, unlike Space 34 where it’s so freaking bright you need sunscreen and sunglasses.

And I’m glad to see Maze brought in Frankie. He is a bartender that used to bartend at Space, not sure if he still does or not, but he had the place going. Just move him into the main room.

Overall it was a good night, can’t really complain, I should have known Tom wasn’t my cup of tea, but many enjoyed it, and the club was packed with a nice amount of ladies.

i guess thats not positive....

Nice editing Saleen...what happened to them kicking you in the nuts...just wondering...you should of quoted the whole review...:laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cheekeetika

Nice editing Saleen...what happened to them kicking you in the nuts...just wondering...you should of quoted the whole review...:laugh:

i would quote it but i want people to check out CJ.....

One thing in your review stuck out as a contradiction in terms...

Same format over and over and over. He would play drums for 10 minutes, then build it up, into more drums for 10 more minutes and never got the place going.

So which one was it...

was he able to get the crowd going, or not?

Otherwise...

I sort of enjoyed the review as I sort of enjoy most of Saleen's comments...they are direct and to the point...keeping in mind they are his OPINION.

Though his style is upfront and poignant, I think the point of Saleen's criticisms often serve to clue club-owners / management as to ways in which their business could improve, thus making them more profitable, successful, and lasting.

Guest saleen351

well i was hoping no one caught that.. I didn't like the set and many didn't either, yet many also enjoyed it.. But i think i should have said the groovy house heads loved it, and us progressive tribal whores didn't like it too much....