Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Seaside Heights...

Originally posted by dgmodel

is this true, that the mayor passed a bill/law whatever that clubs in seaside heights are not allowed to play hip hop because it attracts a certain clientele which he does not wish to cater to???

Impossible--It today's climate of racial profile, no person could ever be that dumb--Plus, the law on its face would be unconstitutional as violative of the First Amendment.

is this true, that the mayor passed a bill/law whatever that clubs in seaside heights are not allowed to play hip hop because it attracts a certain clientele which he does not wish to cater to???

Look at the clientele that is there already, it cant get any worse!

It might not be a law - but from what I know the clubs down there work very closely with the police. SOO - if say the police were to in a friendly way tell the club owners that they would have to be ball busters if they choose to throw a hip-hop event, most likely the club owners would just choose not to hold them ;)

Guest saleen351

i was in SSH last night, and i was speaking to a club manager and i asked him why they don't do hip hop, and he said they would get raided....

now it makes sense........

i know at Bamboo which is a very popular Bar in seaside, they enforced a new dress code wich bans Jerseys and Hats in that establishment

well since the passed few years all seaside was is house/tribal clubs. jersey and the city don't really have a good radio station to listen to club music too. just KTU, but they suck half the time. Seaside and Ortley beach are definitly places to hook up at

Z

what part of the first amendmant???

I believe he meant the civil rights act...

1964: Racial equality underscored

"All persons within the jurisdiction of the United States shall have the same right in every State and Territory to make and enforce contracts, to sue, be parties, give evidence, and to the full and equal benefit of all laws and proceedings for the security of persons and property as is enjoyed by white citizens ... "

- Civil Rights Act

wow, I'm fucked up - otherwise I woulda never bothered digging that up :D

Originally posted by glogirlie

what the hell is this "unwritten law" supposedly doing to help anything. I would love a hip hop night down here.

its one less reason the that 'element' they dont want in the town would have a reason to want to come and be there ;)