Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Skribble....worse than DeVito?

ok here's the scoop. normal saturday night, well sort of. i usually get to the Taj Mahal along with resident Casbah DJ Moe Green shortly before 10pm. except i went to the metallica concert in philly, so i didn't get there until 12:45. Moe is playing in the main room, DJ Skribble spinnin in the Xanadu room. i quickly get upstairs, say my hellos and travel back down to the Xanadu to see what Skribble's got goin on.

the dancefloor was full, but he was just playing mainstream radio stuff, doing cheesy scratch mixes or cheesy delay/echo mixes.

so i go back upstairs, tell Moe that he's got all the vibe, but not all the people.

so long story short, the night progresses, it's now 4am. i'm downstairs, but standing outside the Xanadu rating girls i'd rail, as my girlfriend stood next to me rating guys she'd rail. so i hear.......could this be true........ DJ etch-a-sketch, i mean skribble, plays Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer. no, not some whitelabel or some rauhofer or some other mix. this was the goddamn ALBUM version. A: Who the fuck has this in their cd case ? and B. Who the fuck would play this in a night club ?

am i off base here? or is DJ cursive, i mean skribble, really this bad?

-tony

I didn't think anyone could be worse than Louie Devito. :)

Scribs may have played Peter fuckin Gabriel, but at least he plays live! He didnt' just walk in the dj booth and put in a mixed cd like Devito does every night !!

Plus, you know that if we were at Factory/Exit and Jonathan Peters or Junior threw in the original "sledgehammer", the place would of went nuts, lovin it. LOL

Originally posted by kirklop

there's nothing wrong with dropping old rocks tracks.......tenaglia dropped "sympathy for the devil" by the rolling stones at one of the winter music conferences a few years back and it went over hugh!

danny can drop the smurfs theme song and get away with being he is Danny Tenaglia.

skribbles is pathetic.

there's nothing wrong with dropping old rocks tracks.......tenaglia dropped "sympathy for the devil" by the rolling stones at one of the winter music conferences a few years back and it went over hugh!

shit i can recall one time years ago Manny the Greek dropped on "Wrapped around your Fingers" by the Police on thanksgivin Eve at Abyss.....

:D

i believe that was a white label dance version that breaks down to the original....the copy i have says jp on it but ? hype, like you know anyting about music, you still listen to winger and kenny rogers!:laugh:

fuck this kirk lopez guy. He comes on here once in a blue Moon causes trouble and then leaves. I heard he has a collection of Michael Bolton records at home. Wait till friday:D

Originally posted by teamcasbah

ok here's the scoop. normal saturday night, well sort of. i usually get to the Taj Mahal along with resident Casbah DJ Moe Green shortly before 10pm. except i went to the metallica concert in philly, so i didn't get there until 12:45. Moe is playing in the main room, DJ Skribble spinnin in the Xanadu room. i quickly get upstairs, say my hellos and travel back down to the Xanadu to see what Skribble's got goin on.

the dancefloor was full, but he was just playing mainstream radio stuff, doing cheesy scratch mixes or cheesy delay/echo mixes.

so i go back upstairs, tell Moe that he's got all the vibe, but not all the people.

so long story short, the night progresses, it's now 4am. i'm downstairs, but standing outside the Xanadu rating girls i'd rail, as my girlfriend stood next to me rating guys she'd rail. so i hear.......could this be true........ DJ etch-a-sketch, i mean skribble, plays Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer. no, not some whitelabel or some rauhofer or some other mix. this was the goddamn ALBUM version. A: Who the fuck has this in their cd case ? and B. Who the fuck would play this in a night club ?

-tony

how many guys will you're girlfiend rail????????????

maybe 1 out of 10, my list was making her mad, i rated maybe 7 out of 10 a thumbs up.

and i started chasing this one blonde with white pants and she got all pissed. so we stopped after that.

side note, we did this as dj caps lock was playing sledgehammer, people were pouring out of the room.

Originally posted by teamcasbah

-tony

fuck dj scribble, he sucks:blown:

i was there to hear that crap , too. also add ac/dc "shook me all night long" and twisted sister "we're not gonna take it" to the list.

a friend who saw him him djais the week before said that he did the same thing :confused: :confused: