Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Finally a fitness forum on CP heheh

Originally posted by wideskies

i don't understand why barbells would build more mass than dumbells. in fact, since you need to use your stabilizer muscles more when using dumbells, wouldn't that be more effective for putting on the most muscle possible?

i was informed that it's actually the exact opposite... the less you incorporate the "helper" muscles, the more the big "do-er" muscles will be emphasized. i guess that makes sense.

personally i like functional strength, even if it means i don't have shuge pecs. not that ... that would happen anyway without help from steroids and stuff.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by wideskies

i don't understand why barbells would build more mass than dumbells. in fact, since you need to use your stabilizer muscles more when using dumbells, wouldn't that be more effective for putting on the most muscle possible?

its also easier to bench up 350 lbs from a bench. when i say easier, i mean safer., then it would be to hold two 150lbs dumbells, but you should have a spot anyway.

i need a work out partner.:(

Originally posted by jroo

its also easier to bench up 350 lbs from a bench. when i say easier, i mean safer., then it would be to hold two 150lbs dumbells, but you should have a spot anyway.

i need a work out partner.:(

Really? I think it would be safer to use the dumbbells, because if you lose control you can drop them to the ground. If you lose control of a barbell, it's stuck on your chest until someone comes to get it off you!