What is it you like about Miami?

lilliz77

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by lilliz77

The places? The weather? The people? The music?

Just out of curiosity that's all.

The weather (i love it, when its NOT raining)...the people (especially those nice NY transplants):laugh: ....the music (should be more diff. styles, including trance)...the places (could be more chill locales or lounges, etc)...

my friends I've made over the years

uhhh, the lack of police when I'm doing 100mph

the 24 hour vibe

the white sand

the water, I think I just really love the water, esp after along night of partying..that's just heaven to me

the dining, big fish, tantra, shibui, front porch cafe, I could go on and on

those cool wooden brazillian heeled slides, only en miami

great winters

I'm no longer in love with miami..I think I miss L.A.... :eek:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

...the people (especially those nice NY transplants):laugh:

Yeah you know you love us :D

I love the weather (no more 25 ft. snow drifts :laugh: ), being able to go out every night of the week if you want :drunk:, the fact that my best friend lives down here with me :D, the good ppl I have met, and living in SoBe rocks (even tho I'll prob hear it for saying that, lol):rock: being able to walk a few blocks to any club is the best :aright:

Originally posted by steffy27

Yeah you know you love us :D

I love the weather (no more 25 ft. snow drifts :laugh: ), being able to go out every night of the week if you want :drunk:, the fact that my best friend lives down here with me :D, the good ppl I have met, and living in SoBe rocks (even tho I'll prob hear it for saying that, lol):rock: being able to walk a few blocks to any club is the best :aright:

:aright: ditto !

Guest saleen351

Sobe is for trash.........

Thing i realized about NJ, is that in NJ that only time you hear spanish is when the cleaning ladies are cleaning your house...

Its so refreshing up here, that people respect america....

I like everything about Miami including the beaches, weather, mix of different ethnicities, etc.

The one thing I hate about Miami right now is the fucking traffic getting to the toll booth going eastbound on the 836. I need a fucking Sun Pass.

Being I am a midwestern transplant, I dig the weather the most. I moved down here since I love the sun and hot weather. The beach is nice - I never go to it, but when I want to go, it's 2 miles away. I also like not shoveling the snow in my driveway, and the fact I can golf year round.

Oh yeah, the nightlife is great too :)

Originally posted by meng

The one thing I hate about Miami right now is the fucking traffic getting to the toll booth going eastbound on the 836. I need a fucking Sun Pass.

yeah that shit blows! I think they did that on purpose to make every-1 get a Sun Pass...the hell w/tolls.

Originally posted by saleen351

Thing i realized about NJ, is that in NJ that only time you hear spanish is when the cleaning ladies are cleaning your house...

:laugh: My family is from Jersey, guess you dont get around it much, cuz there are plenty of Spanish speaking ppl there...that aren't maids :mad: Wake up :rolleyes:

omg! is this guy for real?!!? lol :laugh: :laugh:

grow up fella, or stay the fuck in Jersey!! lol :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by meng

I need a fucking Sun Pass.

bro...what are u waiting for? i had one for months and didnt use it, cuz i need to refill it with credit...once i saw that traffic jam, i quickly refilled it and have been using it ever since...saves me about 15-25 mins when i am heading to the beach or downtown....estas mal!!!!:tongue:

Sobe was nice, then it was trash, then it started to get really nice, then all the guido and thugs came in and took over, and now it's getting back to it's original state, sort of...

if you really respect america, speak a Native American language, DUH

otish nay shahiae: Navajo for: shut up fool!

:blown:

in america any language can be spoken as we are from everywhere, but I think it is important to realize we need to know either english or spanish..both would be muy bueno...no Spanglish, please favor!

Originally posted by diabolique007

in america any language can be spoken as we are from everywhere, but I think it is important to realize we need to know either english or spanish..both would be muy bueno...no Spanglish, please favor!

Mi pinga es liquido en la boca. No en las manos. :tongue:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

bro...what are u waiting for? i had one for months and didnt use it, cuz i need to refill it with credit...once i saw that traffic jam, i quickly refilled it and have been using it ever since...saves me about 15-25 mins when i am heading to the beach or downtown....estas mal!!!!:tongue:

yeah no shit....:rolleyes: ..gotta get that sun pass..

Originally posted by diabolique007

Sobe was nice, then it was trash, then it started to get really nice, then all the guido and thugs came in and took over, and now it's getting back to it's original state, sort of...

if you really respect america, speak a Native American language, DUH

otish nay shahiae: Navajo for: shut up fool!

:blown:

:aright:

well the REAL reason why I am asking, other than I am curious, is becuase I am set to move there from Chicago the end of August by myself (tentative date, but no later than end of Sept). It's something I wanted to do for a long time, but I have never been to Miami other than the 2 times I went for WMC. I have been in Orlando and such, but I just got so captivated by the weather, the beach, the nightlife and fashion. I am going for a trial run Augst 6th-10th to get a wake up call and see how it will be like on my own and how Miami is like when it's not as chaotic as Springbreak/WMC time. I read this board, actually the Miami section cause the Chicago section sucks ass, and I am hoping I get to meet some of you guys and hang out. Anywho, keep posting I like to hear your views.