Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roommates & Privacy

lizard23

How do you deal, especially in a bitty apartment? My bf and I live with 2 other couples (yes, that's 6 people total plus a dog) and it's starting to get a little ridiculous. We can escape to our room when we want, but it still feels SO close to everything else. We are getting our own place in August, but it's still never a moment's peace in our household, which is sometimes a good thing b/c we always have a party with our closest friends in the making. Anybody else feel me on this one?

Well, it's not suppossed to be that way - there's only 4 of us on the lease and the other 2 significant others have just sort of assumed the position at the apt. It's a 3 bedroom with cathedral ceilings, so it seems big, but when you get down to it - not big enough. One of my roommates is upset about my and my boyfriend's decision to move out, but we want to get engaged soon and start our life together and I don't think that having roommates at this stage of our life is right for us.

Originally posted by tastyt

The only advice I have is- GET OUT! That's just too many people under one roof! August is just around the corner...

I know - I can't wait! We're getting a cute one bedroom with a fireplace. BTW - I read Tales of the City in 2 days. Excellent book and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. Thanks for the suggestion!

Originally posted by lizard23

I know - I can't wait! We're getting a cute one bedroom with a fireplace. BTW - I read Tales of the City in 2 days. Excellent book and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. Thanks for the suggestion!

Glad to hear it! :aright:

seriously....how the fuck is it three couples are all occupying the same space.

There has to be a situation where u and your man can get out on your own....even if it's a shoebox.

Where are you currently living now? And if you don't mind me asking, what's the total rent for the space ur in?

Originally posted by marcid21

seriously....how the fuck is it three couples are all occupying the same space.

There has to be a situation where u and your man can get out on your own....even if it's a shoebox.

Where are you currently living now? And if you don't mind me asking, what's the total rent for the space ur in?

We're moving out next month and we've been bice enough to quietly tolerate everything b/c these people are our friends and we don't want to cause trouble. My male roommates girlfriend and my female roommates boyfriend just kind of showed up one day and never went home, so they don't technically live there (b/c they don't pay rent or bills, which is one of the things that my bf and I are tolerating.) When I graduated from college 2 years ago and didn't have a full time job, it made sense for me to have roommates, but I'm much more financially secure now and ready to move on, I was just wondering if there are other couples who have roommates around all the time andhow they deal with it.