Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Calistenics Workout... The Pinnacle of Conditioning

Guest jroo
Originally posted by wideskies

almost lost it? oh dear.

i'm just trying to educate, not provoke.

:cool:

yeah, i almost lost it. i was genuinely sorry, and you tore it apart. just so you know more about me, tell me i cant say fuck and i'll say fuck fuck figidity fuck fuck. they're just words to me, it doesnt make that much of a difference to me. everyone is different. just like that other word, is just a word to me, i wasnt thinking about anything else assiocated with it. so, when i say im sorry its because i mean it, and i realize that i could have hurt someone's feelings. and just leave it at that. im not very PC and i dont care to be.

well, in certain ways i am very PC, i suppose. so now you know more about me.

i didn't mean to tear your apology apart. to be honest, i couldn't tell if you were trying to make excuses or an actual apology. i am used to "real" homophobes using that word, you see.

anyway, i didn't mean to exacerbate the touch o' drama on this thread.

about calisthenics: when i was doing tae kwon do regularly, we did lots of strengthening-with-bodyweight exercises. i think using your body weight to become strong is an excellent way to become more aware of how your muscles REALLY work together. sometimes if you're focusing on small movements like bicep curls, you can lose track of the whole picture.

Guest jroo

well, in certain ways i am very PC, i suppose. so now you know more about me.

i didn't mean to tear your apology apart. to be honest, i couldn't tell if you were trying to make excuses or an actual apology. i am used to "real" homophobes using that word, you see.

anyway, i didn't mean to exacerbate the touch o' drama on this thread.

about calisthenics: when i was doing tae kwon do regularly, we did lots of strengthening-with-bodyweight exercises. i think using your body weight to become strong is an excellent way to become more aware of how your muscles REALLY work together. sometimes if you're focusing on small movements like bicep curls, you can lose track of the whole picture.

to comment on what you just put. in my opinion muscular strength without coordination is just rediculas. i love martial arts, i dont really feel that i got that much out of tae kwon do. i took it from when i was about 10 years old or something, it was fun, i was advancing, i was good, but it was never useable for me. ever get in a fight on a bus? not the best way to defend yourself. jui-jisu though. how do i love thee, let me count the ways! brazilian and gracie jui-jitsu rocks!! talk about a total body work out!! and its definately useable!!

Originally posted by jroo

to comment on what you just put. in my opinion muscular strength without coordination is just rediculas. i love martial arts, i dont really feel that i got that much out of tae kwon do. i took it from when i was about 10 years old or something, it was fun, i was advancing, i was good, but it was never useable for me. ever get in a fight on a bus? not the best way to defend yourself. jui-jisu though. how do i love thee, let me count the ways! brazilian and gracie jui-jitsu rocks!! talk about a total body work out!! and its definately useable!!

\

TKD definitely lacks the grappling skills that are essential in hand-to-hand combat.

i took it for 2.5ish years, starting when i was 17. it helped me strengthwise, coordinationwise, and stretchingwise... i never had to use my skills in any way except in class, thank goodness. but again, in most fights, you aren't given the chance to kick at someone repeatedly without having the person grab your legs and arms, so what i learned wouldn't prolly gone out the window if i had been confronted by an experienced fighter.

Guest jroo

\

TKD definitely lacks the grappling skills that are essential in hand-to-hand combat.

i took it for 2.5ish years, starting when i was 17. it helped me strengthwise, coordinationwise, and stretchingwise... i never had to use my skills in any way except in class, thank goodness. but again, in most fights, you aren't given the chance to kick at someone repeatedly without having the person grab your legs and arms, so what i learned wouldn't prolly gone out the window if i had been confronted by an experienced fighter.

so true, hell, i forgot how flexible i used to be. i could stand with my back against the wall on one leg and someone could push my other leg so that my toes could touch the wall over my head. TDK is great exercise, but like we said, not useful to fight with. i wanna try jut keen do, or whoever its spelled the bruce lee stuff. i found a place by my house that does brazilian jui-jitsu, jut keen do, kickboxing and phillipeano karate, but they watn 150 a month, good thing is you can take as many classes as you want each month, any of the four , mix and match them.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by trancerxn112

thanks Jroo, btw if you feel that TKD doesnt have enough grappling and wrestling maneuvers try brazilian jujitsu, mu-tai or Judo.

have you read my post above that one you responded too? i freaking LOVE jui-jitsu. thanks for the advice though. its right on the money.

Originally posted by jroo

have you read my post above that one you responded too? i freaking LOVE jui-jitsu. thanks for the advice though. its right on the money.

lol... yep... another thing about calistenics workout is being able to do it WHENEVER u want... if you finish and exercise and want a little more endorphin rush you can do another 50 pushups or another hand full of pullups...