Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Out of sight, out of mind . . .

fierydesire

Do you think this is the best remedy to get over an ex or the like?

Or is it ok if you see them after things end on an occasional basis, say once a week, once a month at places you used to frequent . . .

Personally out of sight out of mind is better for me, I'm realizing, just seeng that person may not be good for my mental state :half:

But at the same time . . .

are you really supposed to drop everything and everyone b/c you guys are no longer together :blank:

k so I guess I don't know which one is better

Out of sight out of mind has its good and bad...

Just when you seem to be doing fine and you think

you are over them you bump into them and you totally

get fucked up... This always happens to me... I think

Im moving on and getting over the ex and then I see

them somewhere and all the feelings I thought where no

longer then surface back and I become a mess because

they are feelings I dont want to feel anymore.. Sometimes

I wish I was immune to having any feelings.....:(

phattie: wackjob haha :laugh::shake:

Wendy: Ugh I agree . . . sometimes I wish feelings would disappear at that point . . but without them would be worse. Also those feelings that rush back jusr fucken suck, like I thought I was over, obviously I was mistaken. . . :(

Phattie : Im gonna cut you!! lol

Zehra : Dont confuse what you feel now for what you once felt..

All those feelings that you are feeling are nothing but memories

of the good times you had.. Someone once told me how when

we are in relationships we always seem to just wanna remember

the good times and that this is why break up's become so hard..

Think about it this way.. Whether it was your choice or his to

end the relationship... The relationship was suffering, if you

guys were meant to be you still be with him.. He was yet

another stepping stone for you to get to the one.. I know

how you feel but all I can say to you is to keep yourself busy..

You know Im here for you at the drop of a dime.... We can go

running or out for drinks!! or better yet make fun of Cack's

that should not be cacks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by naughtybabe

..for what?...joking?...i'll spank you...

...we all tend to romanticize our feelings when time and distance are established after an event, experience, relationship, etc...we also sometimes do that during an experience/relationship - i.e. the conquest post...you have to concentrate long and hard on what IS as opposed to what it APPEARS to be...not an easy task...

Originally posted by naughtybabe

Zehra : Dont confuse what you feel now for what you once felt..

All those feelings that you are feeling are nothing but memories

of the good times you had.. Someone once told me how when

we are in relationships we always seem to just wanna remember

the good times and that this is why break up's become so hard..

Think about it this way.. Whether it was your choice or his to

end the relationship... The relationship was suffering, if you

guys were meant to be you still be with him.. He was yet

another stepping stone for you to get to the one.. I know

how you feel but all I can say to you is to keep yourself busy..

You know Im here for you at the drop of a dime.... We can go

running or out for drinks!! or better yet make fun of Cack's

that should not be cacks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

thanx babes your the best :kiss2::heart: I def know what your saying and if only this was said to me a year ago . . . but now the feelings I had for him are bundled up in a memory, with no regrets but obviously I know if we were made for each other we would still be together . . . In a way I'm glad that things ended b/c it helped me grow and see things in a different light that I may not have seen if I stayed with him . . . so I guess there is always the good and bad of anything that ends . .

Originally posted by fierydesire

what if it has the converse effect??? like absence makes the heart grow fonder... sometimes it is the best cure other times it isnt... typically when that approach is taken youre away from the person, and only have good thoughts of them then after a while you "Brainwash" yourself into thinking this person is amazing.. you tend to push out the bad memories and only focus on the goodones and you create this superhuman... who never was... its hard to explain id need to talk to you in person to really explain but you can get the idea of what im saying...

Originally posted by dgmodel

what if it has the converse effect??? like absence makes the heart grow fonder... sometimes it is the best cure other times it isnt... typically when that approach is taken youre away from the person, and only have good thoughts of them then after a while you "Brainwash" yourself into thinking this person is amazing.. you tend to push out the bad memories and only focus on the goodones and you create this superhuman... who never was... its hard to explain id need to talk to you in person to really explain but you can get the idea of what im saying...

This is the person who told me about how we sometimes

only keeping the good memories... He so smart!!

wait....hold the phone.....I agree with what Marko said about the reverse effects....but.....I don't understand why distance has to be in extreme's...

If you have *friends* that are in somewhat of the same circle as the other....aren't there steps u can take to avoid this other person?

I dunno, maybe that's my naieve way of thinking....but, it's a pretty big sacrifice to give up others as well....no?

Marko: I see what your saying and it is true to some extent . . . but I do remember all the negative things, however the positive def lingers more . . . but alas with time things do fade and stay treasured within my heart and soul

Marci: why would I intentionally take steps to avoid the person? :confused: that just seems dumb to me :blank: wouldn't it just be better not to even go out to the same places and yea its a sacrifice to give up others . . . so what are you saying now I'm lost :laugh2:

Marci: why would I intentionally take steps to avoid the person? :confused: that just seems dumb to me :blank: wouldn't it just be better not to even go out to the same places and yea its a sacrifice to give up others . . . so what are you saying now I'm lost :laugh2:

But- not going to certain places IS intentionally taking steps to avoid the person.

Anyway, the whole "absence makes the heart grow fonder" theory proposed by Marko- it's the exact opposite for me!!! But then again, I normally stay in relationships way past their expiration date, so by the time I exit I'm already sick of the situation. So when I'm out... if I think about things at all... it's usually nothing very good that comes to mind.

Or is it ok if you see them after things end on an occasional basis, say once a week, once a month at places you used to frequent . . .

Personally out of sight out of mind is better for me, I'm realizing, just seeng that person may not be good for my mental state :half:

But at the same time . . .

are you really supposed to drop everything and everyone b/c you guys are no longer together :blank:

k so I guess I don't know which one is better

Out of sight out of mind is the best policy.......But it's tough when the other person shares the same circle of friends as you or frequents the same places ect....WHo's to say YOU should have to compromise a part of your social life b/c that's not necessary...but at the same time seeing the person as little as possible will make it much easier to deal w/ when seeing them in the future...Believe me I know :blank: