Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone ever go to cielo

Right now, its the hardest club to get into in NYC. The space is beautiful, they have a very good sound system and excellent DJ's play there, but most of the time they will treat you like shit and turn you away in a heartbeat unless you know the doorman or are on the guestlist. There is a Monday party with Francois K that is probably most accessible. As for yesterday with Frankie Knuckles, I saw a big line outside and they've just never been friendly there so I'm sure a lot of people got turned away. Its weird because you can usually see the DJ's that play there anywhere, i.e Louie Vega, etc. I don't know why such DJ's would want to affiliate with an establishment that has the rudest door policy in NYC. I live in the neighborhood and go sometimes but its not my favorite place, only because of the door bullshit.

that is wierd cause the house music scene is usually grungy, wear-something-comfortalbe type of scene rather than gettin dressed up or something which is how im taking ur comment about the door....in most house places theres no such thing as being selective at the door but i would love to check it out one day...the thing is if its a place u have to get dressed up its not for me...when i wanna dance i have to wear sneakers or something comfortable

Originally posted by joecrack13

that is wierd cause the house music scene is usually grungy, wear-something-comfortalbe type of scene rather than gettin dressed up or something which is how im taking ur comment about the door....in most house places theres no such thing as being selective at the door but i would love to check it out one day...the thing is if its a place u have to get dressed up its not for me...when i wanna dance i have to wear sneakers or something comfortable

I was there last night. had a fine time. been to cielo often. never had ANY problem getting in, or any attitude problem whatsoever. the sound system, imho is just fair, decor is ok(same guy that did pearl in sobe). is an ok, small place to hear music, without all the bullshit of juice heads, muscle morons, and the rest of the shit you get in so many other places.(for the time being at least) hard to get int?? not my experience sundays always have been my favorite nite, all the little kiddies, and shitheads usually dont go out on sunday. they are either too hung over, have to go to school, or have to go to work monday. hallelujah