From NJ where to go on sat?

vanessa

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vanessa

Im from New Jersey and I will be in boston this weekend. i'm going to Avalon on fri but where should i go on sat? what's good?

The Roxy is always a good time, Dj adilson has been tearing the room apart for years... Its located on Tremont Street.... Great Vibe, great crowd... Its the Sat. hotspot

Originally posted by groovefire

Who wants to field this one???

Go ahead, knock the Roxy.. I have seen all the posts on here, Roxy this and Roxy that, wa wa wa... My friends and I have a great time when we go, so there... Adilson is the hottest DJ in Boston right now, and has been for a while now... You can say all you want, but I guess peoples defintion of a good night out os different... We go out to have drinks w/ friends and look at some super hot women...and the roxy has suuuper hot chicks.

Originally posted by sumguy03

Go ahead, knock the Roxy.. I have seen all the posts on here, Roxy this and Roxy that, wa wa wa... My friends and I have a great time when we go, so there... Adilson is the hottest DJ in Boston right now, and has been for a while now... You can say all you want, but I guess peoples defintion of a good night out os different... We go out to have drinks w/ friends and look at some super hot women...and the roxy has suuuper hot chicks.

Did you just say "so there" ?

Another pansy - you'll fit right in around here :rolleyes:

If you're idea of a good night out is listening to the same cheesy music week in and week out and oogling plastic, fake, over the hill "hot chicks", then yes... the Roxy is a good time. Basically, if you don't know shit about the music and just want to go out "clubbing" (i.e. if you think you're cool because you like to "club") then by all means, the Roxy rulez. Also try the Palace in Saugus... it's off the hook yo!

This guy gets my JV rookie of the week. You are not allowed to wear a letter jacket or sit at our table at lunch.

Adilson is the hottest DJ in Boston right now, and has been for a while now...

You are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo right. He is amazing!

Great track selection week in and week out!!!!

Jv... Ha I laugh at that comment... I know my music.... I don't go out to trainspot , but I know my music....

Just because someone likes a different style of music than you, don't knock them... The whole club scene is dying.!!! First it was ravers vs clubbers... Junglists vs Candy... now its trance vs. all others... I don't see the club scene getting better anytime soon, its going to fade away...

Listen bro, these are just my opinions, I respect everyone and what their into, music and where they like to hang... so please no drama, make the scene better, not worse..

Anyone who says Adilson is amazing doesn't know music. Plain and simple. I expect that from girls (like ras), but not from someone who thinks they can play on the varsity squad.

This isn't trance vs. house. It's good, forward-thinking, fresh music vs. the dull, cheesy, over-done music you get spoonfed at a JV nightspot such as the Roxy. If Adilson were such a good DJ, he'd be able to get gigs outside of Boston.

Now get me some gatorade.

Jv... Ha I laugh at that comment... I know my music.... I don't go out to trainspot , but I know my music....

Just because someone likes a different style of music than you, don't knock them... The whole club scene is dying.!!! First it was ravers vs clubbers... Junglists vs Candy... now its trance vs. all others... I don't see the club scene getting better anytime soon, its going to fade away...

Listen bro, these are just my opinions, I respect everyone and what their into, music and where they like to hang... so please no drama, make the scene better, not worse..

Pansy :rolleyes:

Well Adilson has been blowing up the Roxy for how long?

And he does get gigs outside of Boston, he was in Saugus a while back..

Adilson is the hottest DJ in Boston right now, and has been for a while now...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Way to really push the boundaries there buddy.

He was in Saugus a while back :laugh: :laugh:

Fucking priceless right there!!!

If you are a proponent of the supposed “scene”, tell me, just how, exactly, does complacency of commercial crap music contribute to the scene? In my opinion, the Roxy’s unwavering attachment to this music serves only to stifle truly good music and truly talented DJs, and hold Boston back as a city.

If you are a proponent of the supposed “scene”, tell me, just how, exactly, does complacency of commercial crap music contribute to the scene? In my opinion, the Roxy’s unwavering attachment to this music serves only to stifle truly good music and truly talented DJs, and hold Boston back as a city.

Commercial crap music draws alot of people into the scene... Some people get a start with commercial crap, then move on to bigger and better things...

I'm not saying that Adilson has skills, but he has drawn the crowds for years..

I'd much rather make the 3 hr drive to NYC to hear Layo and Bushwhaka, diggs or any DJ that we rearly get to see around here.. but i'm also saying that the Roxy isn't all that bad...

Commercial crap music draws alot of people into the scene... Some people get a start with commercial crap, then move on to bigger and better things...

I'm not saying that Adilson has skills, but he has drawn the crowds for years..

I'd much rather make the 3 hr drive to NYC to hear Layo and Bushwhaka, diggs or any DJ that we rearly get to see around here.. but i'm also saying that the Roxy isn't all that bad...

Pulling people into the scene should be about quality, not quantity, and from what I've heard, Adilson isn't a bad DJ, he just plays really bad music. I've never heard him spin before, but that's what people have told me (then again they might just be trying to justify going to the Roxy).

I’m all for dance music fan breeding grounds, but not every fucking night of every fucking month of every fucking year at a place as big as the fucking Roxy and with the same fucking DJ playing the same fucking tracks to the same fucking people doing the same fucking things forever. FUCK!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I’m all for dance music fan breeding grounds, but not every fucking night of every fucking month of every fucking year at a place as big as the fucking Roxy and with the same fucking DJ playing the same fucking tracks to the same fucking people doing the same fucking things forever. FUCK!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I understand that.. Its the same tracks, bearly any mixing, and the same cracked out people every week... No need for the :mad: