Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Dress Code Policy?

I was talking to a friend that works in a nightclub in Washington D.C. called Dream and he told me that they have a new dress code policy. In the past if you wore something that wasn't allowed (like jeans for instance), they turned you away at the door. Now Dream has the option of letting you in with what you have on, but you have to pay. The 2 examples he gave me were jeans (which cost $75) and sports jerseys (which cost $250.) Apparantly if you want to feel "bling-blingy", you can pay these ridiculous amounts, but who in their right mind would ever want to do that?! Has anybody ever heard of such a thing? If you know there's a dress code, then just wear what you're allowed to and enjoy your evening (even though I think dress codes are absolutely ridiculous to begin with.)

Originally posted by lizard23

I The 2 examples he gave me were jeans (which cost $75) and sports jerseys (which cost $250

Wow, thats insane!!! I totally agree and supposrt the fact that the place sets the dress code and has the right to inforce them and reject people who do no tmeet them but i think that charging that much money is crazy. Who in their right mind would pay those prices just to walk in the door? And i understand not allowing the sport jerseys but nowadays jeans are permitted in almost every single place i have been going to in the past 2 years at least. I wonder if people ever actually pay the $$ to that club???

I think you have the choice of paying or simply walking away (which is what I hope most people would do.) But, I'm sure there are people who think that other people in the club will think they're hot shit if they wear jeans and a jersey, knowing that they paid $400 to get into the club. The place isn't even all that either, trust me...

Typical

Dc clubs will ALWAYS be second tier,

to clubs in MIAMI, n NYC...

they have shit music,, trance, techno..

cater to the wrong crowd...

n build there clubs more like lounges... :blown:

Dc night life is ok, but for a real its kinda :ghey:

DREAM???? went there last summer when I was in DC.

everyeon said it was the hottest club,

just like aNYC club, NA AIAUAHUA at all...

eveery one there dressed like teh yjust got outta

the office, ties abound... or all half of DC

looks lik they just came from a funeral..

Y do dc peeps LOVE black?? GET SOME COLOR !!!

PEACE MIAMI!!

mash02.jpg.html

:love2::drool:

Originally posted by lomenus

Typical

Dc clubs will ALWAYS be second tier,

to clubs in MIAMI, n NYC...

they have shit music,, trance, techno..

cater to the wrong crowd...

n build there clubs more like lounges... :blown:

Dc night life is ok, but for a real its kinda :ghey:

DREAM???? went there last summer when I was in DC.

everyeon said it was the hottest club,

just like aNYC club, NA AIAUAHUA at all...

eveery one there dressed like teh yjust got outta

the office, ties abound... or all half of DC

looks lik they just came from a funeral..

Y do dc peeps LOVE black?? GET SOME COLOR !!!

PEACE MIAMI!!

mash02.jpg.html

:love2::drool:

Not that I'm defending Dream at all (b/c I think it sucks as well), but you have to remember that DC is a lot smaller than Miami or NYC and that the DC crowd is a lot more serious b/c almost everybody is somehow related to the gov't there. Buzz at Nation however, was one of the best clubs in America for almost a decade and was no where near sucky. In all honesty though, it seems like lately there haven't been any clubs anywhere on the East Coast to write home about. I think that's b/c the "scene" is def. on its way out the door.

Originally posted by lizard23

I was talking to a friend that works in a nightclub in Washington D.C. called Dream and he told me that they have a new dress code policy. In the past if you wore something that wasn't allowed (like jeans for instance), they turned you away at the door. Now Dream has the option of letting you in with what you have on, but you have to pay. The 2 examples he gave me were jeans (which cost $75) and sports jerseys (which cost $250.) Apparantly if you want to feel "bling-blingy", you can pay these ridiculous amounts, but who in their right mind would ever want to do that?! Has anybody ever heard of such a thing? If you know there's a dress code, then just wear what you're allowed to and enjoy your evening (even though I think dress codes are absolutely ridiculous to begin with.)

151 did that in the past...