Clubplanet Nightlife Community

did anyone go to oakenfold??

sgtfury

Guest saleen351

word was it was good, heard he played a killer set and place had a nice crowd and it was crowed, but they didn't say packed and they didn't say dead, so i guess in the middle..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by diegonyc

oakie play a killer set???

lol

i guess to your standards it would be killer.

1. i was not there

2. this is what i was told

you fucking stunad....

READDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

NV was very nice. At first it was a little slow, then when Oakenfold came on the decks everybody just jumped out and came out to the dance floor. Club is nice like i said, system is bangin', lights are good. Vibe was very good in my opinion. Oaky tore it up. He played As The Rush Comes =) Great night.

And tribal house good enough to rival the likes of OG

this was friday :tongue:

I actually went to this last night. Get down there and am surprised to see a small line for this, its oakenfold and last time I saw him a few months back at opium on a monday night the line was bigger. While waiting in line, I get to observe the main bouncer giving attitude to lp as lp is making his way to space telling him "keep walking, thats right, keep walking" I don't know if trying to go in an all out war with space is such a smart move cause while this place may book some good djs time to time, there is no way it'll be able to hold the crowd for afterhours without a terrace. TO me afterhours is all about some good tunes chillin under the sun getting to see the faces of all the women after their makeup has worn out and just chilling and they won't be able to gimme that.

After getting in with no problem at all, since my lazy ass did not get advance tickets, $40 which is expected for oakenfold and I don't think anybody can complain about that. Make my way in and first impression is "nice club with a pretty big room and a nice ass projection on the wall." Look around and lots of space and it seems that there is a low turnout, but no biggy the guy that played before oakenfold was throwing down a sick set. Look up in the booth and notice the guy doing the lights, is the guy that usually does the lights in the main room at space (weird).

Oakenfold came on around 1:00 and all of sudden the place looked much more packed, I guess there were people just spread out since that room is pretty big, but still don't get me wrong crowd was much thinner then what I expected and if u walked like 30 feet away from where the booth was just big empty space since everybody I guess felt the need to rush towards the booth when oakenfold came on. He played a pretty good set, but saleen based on your previous posts I do not think you gonna enjoy this music, but fear not he only played for about 2 hours. I liked his set, just don't think it was anything too special. THe guy before him though, again I repeat myself but he played amazing. Some amazing looking women there and believe it or not the 18+ did not bring out that much underage people as most people I saw in there, had the over 21 bracelets and the night seemed to have gone pretty well in terms of dealing with underages so giving them a weekly party wouldn't be so bad I think.

Now to the important stuff, the lighting is definately not underground and at many times if u think 34 is disney with their lighting, then I don't know what you would call this cause it was much brighter then at space many times, and please I think its greg the light guy's name, dude I've seen you do a great job with the lighting at space, no need to turn on the bright white lights on the crowd everytime the climax of the song comes on so just do the great work your used to doing. Sound is pretty clear, but not loud for me. I don't know if I've been spolied by the sound systems at maze, nerve, and space 34 but pump up the volume. Make me feel that music. Barstaff was very friendly and prices were the same as most places in sobe.

All in all with all the negatives you might see in this post, I had a great time just think the club could do better and improve a few things so just giving my honest opinion here. NV looks like it will do much better then most other clubs that opened downtown, but change a few things around and you might even be able to compete with space and then if you want give them the attitude, but for now I don't think its wise to be giving them attitude and going in an all out war with them. On a final note, downtown looks like it will be the place next year with nocturnal coming up and crobar 24. THat would make 4 kickass clubs next to each other, a strip club with some fine ass, and from what I hear a bowling place is opening nearby too, so good stuff there.