Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coney Island- don't laugh at me!!!

Ok, call me crazy, and I've heard from lots of others not to go, but ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to go to Coney Island. I never did, obviously. :(

Well, now I'm all grown up and can make decisions for myself, and I decided to go this weekend. It's supposed to be crummy tomorrow (Sunday) so I'm going this afternoon. I've got a 3 part mission:

1. Have a Nathan's hot dog in the place they come from;

2. Ride the Cyclone at least once in my life; and

3. Play some miniature golf.

Has anyone ever been there? I already know to watch out for the Speedo wearing Russian men, but is there anything else I should look for? Any good places (casual, please) to eat?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Originally posted by trueqwest

Ok, call me crazy, and I've heard from lots of others not to go, but ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to go to Coney Island. I never did, obviously. :(

Well, now I'm all grown up and can make decisions for myself, and I decided to go this weekend. It's supposed to be crummy tomorrow (Sunday) so I'm going this afternoon. I've got a 3 part mission:

1. Have a Nathan's hot dog in the place they come from;

2. Ride the Cyclone at least once in my life; and

3. Play some miniature golf.

Has anyone ever been there? I already know to watch out for the Speedo wearing Russian men, but is there anything else I should look for? Any good places (casual, please) to eat?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Just go and have fun,as for eats,Nathan's the main big one is like right across the street from the train station.I love there frog legs and tall cup of Corona.For me CI is the best amusement park,I've been to others but CI has a certain edge to it and I just keep coming back.Have fun!!

As for casual place to eat,this is Coney Island.

thanks for the tips,, guys. I hit Nathan's, did a little go-karting, played some mini golf, downed some calms on the boardwalk, and played enough skee-ball to last me a lifetime. It was a blast! I might go again before the end of the summer.

Originally posted by trueqwest

thanks for the tips,, guys. I hit Nathan's, did a little go-karting, played some mini golf, downed some calms on the boardwalk, and played enough skee-ball to last me a lifetime. It was a blast! I might go again before the end of the summer.

I love coney, as ghetto as it is I always have so much fun when I go there:D

Originally posted by exit24e

Coney island is lots of fun, i used to go there quite a bit.

Speaking of Coney Island, who saw Requiem for A Dream?

i saw it and still see your a coward faggot with bugouts pic in ur avatar.

funny you mentioned it my boyfriend and I were driving around the other night in bkyln and decided to stop in coney island. I'm sorry but it must have been great at one time, but it was so dirty the other night. I mean like crap all over the floor and walking around it literally smelt like piss :peeright: . It such a shame that it is the way it is because it really looked like it would have been a great place. :D

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING IM AT CONEY ISLAND AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. IT MAY NOT BE THE CLEANEST BUT ITS A WHOLE LOT OF FUN. LAST SATURDAY I SPENT THE WHOLE DAY AT THE BEACH IN CI AND HAD A COUPLE OF BREWS. OH YEAH THERE IS THIS BAR CHA CHA'S ON THE BOARD WORK THAT HAS CHEAP DRINKS AND WET T-SHIRT CONTESTS EVERY 3 HOURS YOU GOTTA CHECK IT OUT I WAS IN CI FROM 11 AM TO 9PM IT WAS A GOOD TIME :cool:

LET GO CYCLONES :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

saw that bar, but it was getting late and I didn't pass by. Next time I go, I'm definintely gonna shoot the geek. Saw the poor sap get hit in the goggles with three consecutive shots, couldn't see where he was going, trip, fall, then got shot some more...I definintely gotta try that!!!

I LOVE CONEY ISLAND!!! I haven't been yet this year, but I always have a great time whenever I go. My bf's roomie and his girl went yesterday... they were disappointed and thought it was too run-down... guess it's not for everyone. But I still love it there. :)

I went there last year, had a blast. Near Nathan's was the funniest game I've ever seen. Called shoot the freak. Shooting paintballs at this person running around a tiny open alleyway. Wonder if it's still there.

The cyclone was cool and the beach had alot of weird people, but it was a good time.