Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moo, let me help you with the critics!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kirklop

first off, you guys say(christianjay/wakeup) jersey sucks, the music is cheese (except rydell and santana), and the whole political/nightclub/dj whatever is killing the clubscene........first off let me start with the music......todays music sucks! period(as far as dance)......you can all thank yourselves for that by downloading for free.......christianjay/wakeup, you need to understand people are not "educated musically" like yourselves nor do they want to be.. the vast majority of people want to hear what they know(with the exception of a few others on the boards). i work friday happy hour at d'jais and play everyting from metallica, dion, cypress hill, amuka to deb cox ;and you know what you stupid fucks.....a packed bar sings every song and spends a shitload of money at the bar......nightclubs survive by people droppin cash and they drop that much more when there happy.....music is regressing, face it, why do you think there are so many retro nights......people hear the retro tracks and sing to them or get excited when a old progressive track comes on..........tech house will never be at the shore , really, get over it....quite honestly your opinions are so biased it's ridiculous.......

last sunday at surf people were being very picky to what they danced to: so at around 7:00 i drop 5 hip-hop tracks which instantly pack the dance floor, but i get criticized on sicktracks for doing that.....can't some of you see what's going on here? times have changed, face it, you don't have to accept it, just face it...am i wrong for playing rap and doing my job? should i have just kept playing dance music leaving the crowd standing around waiting for "something to happen." .......i have been working every weekend since 1984 and one thing i have definitely learned is that music and trends are cyclical.....every 3 to 6 years there is a change......todays trend is not dance, it's hip hop and retro (retro rock and dance).....most people in the bars are back into drinking and having a good time not doing drugs like a few years ago....some of you still do whatever drug but most people are back to getting sloppy drunk.....

i'm curious christian/wakeup to your dislike of denny and your love of santana......i have worked with both many times and i find their music selection and mixing style very very similar.....both are great dj's.....why the hate? let's talk about it!

politics in the clubs........is it wrong for joey to hire the moo as a dj because he has a successful website? no, because the website advertises the club, moo knows a shitload of people, and he's a dj who knows what to play for his crowd...

is it political for ktu dj's to play the clubs? they are all well known and people come to see them.......you guys seem to be getting the words political and business confused......it is "business" by using the individuals discussed not "politics."

christian/wakeup you guys definitely know your music and i'm not trying to tarket you but just adressing a few topics that keep coming up.......you obviously hate "most" of the jersey clubs...there is more to the clubs than music......it's having a good time with the people your hangin' with.....

anyway, everybody have a great sunday.............i will respond monday to battle the ignorant replys....... kirk lopez

Love this Kirk Lopez Dude

I look forward to it Kirk. I have heard you're a man of your word....

Qwest.

Originally posted by kirklop

qwest, in the fall i'll have the time to submit a show.........at bunka i don't play rap because we have toro in the hip hop room..

why should producers spend money on studio time when the producer cannot get paid for their tracks.......or the track leaks and everybody who may potentionally buy it won't because they have had it a month already before the label releases it......this is creating a hugh void..............educating people is not key when you have a room full of people who do not want to be educated..