Clubplanet Nightlife Community

late but *official* review of seb fontaine/the scumfrog

weyes

man, what a night! this past saturday at spundae was great :aright: . i had never seen seb fontaine and was there for the scumfrog, but consider myself really lucky to have caught seb.

seb's set was really high energy and always engaging. the opening dj (i think it was tim lawson) was such a snooze that my friend and i had to sit outside through his entire set; i can't remember the last time that's happened at spundae :hey: . but seb turned it around with his first track.

the scumfrog's set was a big change from seb's, though, which really bugged my friend. scum brought a really dark, sexy groove, and my friend was annoyed that seb had gotten us all into an energetic frenzy, only to be brought down by the frog. "where is he going?" my friend asked. and even though i was really enjoying the scumfrog's set a whole lot, i'll admit he did kinda remind me of how tired i was. my friend and i didn't stay all to the end.

but the place was still packed when we left at 3:something. great, great, music - no complaints. overall, a terrific night :aright: . and i ran into bluecenterstar while there!!! cool chica, good to see her. i run into cpla people every now and again; this should happen to you guys too. we need to have a real meetup!!!

Heck yeah.. i had a blast that night but I left at 3 too.. i was sooo dawg tired.. :P

the music was good even though i was sober now that's a first...

Weyes.. awesome awesome AWESOME seeing you that night was a fricken suprise is all it got to say..

definately .. we need to set up a day and time to meet.. I'll even buy all cp'ers shots if we meet up.. and for you weyes.. yes you are going to have to take a shot .. no if's and's or butttttt's..

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

Heck yeah.. i had a blast that night but I left at 3 too.. i was sooo dawg tired.. :P

the music was good even though i was sober now that's a first...

:funny:
Weyes.. awesome awesome AWESOME seeing you that night was a fricken suprise is all it got to say..

definately .. we need to set up a day and time to meet.. I'll even buy all cp'ers shots if we meet up.. and for you weyes.. yes you are going to have to take a shot .. no if's and's or butttttt's..

o, the peer pressure :worry: ... and again, always great to see you :D .

Originally posted by vicman

scumfrog rawks!

:D yeah! his presentation so repulses a friend of mine that she walked out of spundae last time he came and didn't even give his music a chance, which sucks, 'cause i know she'd like him. i thought his whole spandex and wraparound sunglasses-wearing thing was a little cheesy, as was his "are you ready to get scummy?" query, the first time i saw him, but his set more than made up for that. you can't judge this man by his cover!!!

frog.gif

Originally posted by weyes

:D yeah! his presentation so repulses a friend of mine that she walked out of spundae last time he came and didn't even give his music a chance, which sucks, 'cause i know she'd like him. i thought his whole spandex and wraparound sunglasses-wearing thing was a little cheesy, as was his "are you ready to get scummy?" query, the first time i saw him, but his set more than made up for that. you can't judge this man by his cover!!!

frog.gif

too bad for her. scumfrog is an extremely talented producer. i still think he can get better as a dj as he tends to be a bit all over the place with his sets, but his producing ability is top notch. his remix of annie lennox-pavement cracks is just sooo good.

i mean if DT, steve lawler, john digweed are consistently spinning your tracks, it means something is going on here, it means that your an extremely talented producer.

i also love that he does a live pa during his sets.