Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Play at its best

albert0126

Hey there!

Back in 99 there was this little club just north of the county line, and near river front. when there was no Trance or hardhouse in any club in miami. that was the year Space was born .Play was the place to be,i"ll tell you guys,if there is anybody that reads this that went to that club as regular...:cool: That was a family,you could go there by your self and be sure the same people will be there every saturday,:cool: that was the closest I ever seen to a church.hard beutiful trance tunes will rocked that dance floor people kiss and scream in joy all over the place,it was a big,awsome family..there will never ever be another club like it...does where the days that put garfield on the map...what ever happend:shades2: :dj:

If i remember correctly, we had a little club called Shadow Lounge at the time that catered to both trance folk and house heads...there was even a hard house party during the week for awhile. Obviously, there was Acostanation, there were always guests though. Talla, Taucher, PvD, Tiësto, Wag, Oakie, and so forth. House DJs/acts too....Digweed, Sasha, Dave Ralph (who actually met his wife at the joint...), Hybrid live, BT live when he did the one-man-band thing, a little known DJ called Hernan Cattaneo, really underground acts like Infected Mushroom, Humate, Lo-Fidelity All-Stars, and many more. I'm sure the rest of this board can add to the discussion.

We also had The Mix Afterhours, where the most-requested trance DJs in Miami would play, often for peanuts or free. Hell, Shadow was across the street, you'd get some trance giant like Talla, PvD, or whomever, and they'd dip across the street and play at The Mix. Trance at that time was actually listenable!

So don't say we didn't have anything close, if anything we had something or two beyond. Nevermind GrooveJet was still open in 1999, and Space opened in 2000.