Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What charity would you be most willing to donate to??

Which charity would you like to see benefit in the state of NJ  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which charity would you like to see benefit in the state of NJ

• Cancer Research
    • HIV/Aids Awareness/Research
    • American Red Cross
    • Diabetes Foundation
    • American Heart Association
    • Volunteer Fire Dept and Ambulance Corps.

I am setting up a yearly benefit party and would like to donate all proceeds to various charities IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY.

Please fell free to list your own.

Please give me your feedback on this. It will be a HUGE event. Outdoor location, all day event with food vendors and much much more.

The main attraction will be New Jersey Musical Talent (DJ's and Singers) born in and/or Living in New Jersey. Do you think this would be a good idea would YOU go??

Admission would be voluntary donation and it would be collected by representatives of the agency chosen to recieve the benefit.

Please no wise ass comments I am Very serious about this.

Maybe I'm being a little selfish on this one but definitely Cancer research!!! My dad was recently diagnosed w/colon cancer and just soooo many other people in this world suffer the affects of it. Whether it be the disease themselves or their loved ones who have to sit by and just feel totally helpless. I hate the word! It's evil!!! Watching my father go through this has been the toughest thing I've ever had to do. Not to mention the toughest thing HE has had to do, and he raised 6 kids! And if all I can do is contribute to charity or attend a benefit, then that's what I'm going to do.

July 21st of this year was also the year anniversary of a friend of mine's passing. She was only 27 years old and she died from Hodgkin's, what kind of shit is that?

There has to be a cure somewhere!

I would definitely attend, I would agree with Cancer Research as well, I have quite a few friends who's fathers have cancer and my cousin died from Cancer when I was 2 years old, this seems to be something that needs to be researched more cause it's becoming way to common.

Originally posted by stephanie74

AIDS can be prevented..cancer cant....sorry calebb

I was going to say the same thing. In most cases AIDS can be prevented and brought on yourself, except for extreme cases. Cancer is a huge epedemic that is not preventable - so def. cancer research

My second choice would be volunteer fire and ambul. for people who put their lives out there

Look, I'm not downplaying the s*****ty of cancer. Ok, but AIDS is contagious and of course we know cancer is not. And this is all the more reason to do as much as possible to contain it. Also, you cannot actually "prevent" yourself from AIDS either. Unless you're willing to abstain from sex and of course somehow safeguard yourself from the countless other ways of getting infected. It doesn't matter either way, both diseases are obviously worthy.

Originally posted by calebb

Look, I'm not downplaying the s*****ty of cancer. Ok, but AIDS is contagious and of course we know cancer is not. And this is all the more reason to do as much as possible to contain it. Also, you cannot actually "prevent" yourself from AIDS either. Unless you're willing to abstain from sex and of course somehow safeguard yourself from the countless other ways of getting infected. It doesn't matter either way, both diseases are obviously worthy.

Alright for some reason s e v e r ity was blocked by CP.

How do you figure - AIDS is preventable by using a condom except for cases of rape or blood tranfusion

Oh, because a condom is 100% safe, right?

no your right but most people who contract AIDS is from unprotective sex. Like I said there are extreme cases which would include a condom breaking or whatever. It's just alot more preventive then cancer- actually you cannot prevent cancer.

Originally posted by ninadd

no your right but most people who contract AIDS is from unprotective sex. Like I said there are extreme cases which would include a condom breaking or whatever. It's just alot more preventive then cancer- actually you cannot prevent cancer.

There are many more ways of contracting HIV than through sexual intercourse. And there are some ways to protect yourself from cancer.

I chose cancer since it hits more close to home for me, but AIDS/HIV would be a close 2nd. Calebb is right, there is a huge AIDS epidemic going on in the world right now. Number 1 a whole continent is being ravaged by it. It's hard to understand why. A lot of people say, "well it's preventable, if you don't wanna get it, you could not get it." But the thing is Africa is a different society in which the people there are more susceptable in getting AIDS. It's hard for almost all of us to understand because we didn't grow up in that soceity. And 2nd, AIDS is a big problem here in the US. MAybe we aren't dropping like flys from AIDS, but it's just as devastating to inviduals and families as much as any other desease weather or not, (and I quote this) "it's preventable."

Originally posted by kostaP

I am setting up a yearly benefit party and would like to donate all proceeds to various charities IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY.

Please fell free to list your own.

hey kosta, i'm new to this stuff, but next time i see you, you will know me....i must say this is very very good idea....the way your wearing your heart on your sleeve....i don't go out that often anymore, but where ever this is i am there...i will be keeping an eye on the board to see when and where...i voted for cancer

i have friends in security who would be more than happy to donate there time.......

Type II Diabetes is a growing epidemic that not to many people know about until it affects someone close to then and by then it's too late. The sad part is it affects mostly children. Although it is preventable, not to many are aware of this issue, so the Diabetes Foundation gets my vote.

It's a real shame that the people on board is so immature, they are causing drama on a serious thread.