Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT: A good movie with CARS...

Guest brwneydtrouble

Guest brwneydtrouble

Bad Boys II. Ok, first off, they blow shit up.......They drive the baddest Modena, dodging cars, and a BOAT, and then they blow some shit up. THe movie is set in Miami (MY HOME!!!!) and they have the most incredible looking sweeps of downtoawm where you see the building that I work in about 50 times. In case you saw it or are gonna see it, its the tower with the red, white and blue along the top, that says Citicorp on it, next to the Hotel Intercontinental. I also used to work in the Bank of America Tower the huge semicircular one that lights up. I was on the 34th floor when they were filming the movie and 2F2F also, so I got to see a lot of pretty cool shit.

The movie was awesome.....its funny cause all that you see in the movie, I get to see every weekend, from the boat scenes, to the car scenes.....the chase was shot on McArthur Causeway, which is the road you take to go to South Beach. Also, Stiltsville is a real area, where we go about once a month, and raid one of the houses and just hang out.....they are houses in the middle of the water, where it gets less than a foot deep at lowtide. Loved the movie........

Oh, and they blow shit up.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by ghhhhhost

sorry buddy..it was a modena...the hunny was right

With as many of them that I see here on South Beach, they are becoming as commonplace as Honda Civics.....that and the new Maseratis. Whats up with that????

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by ghhhhhost

its all about the renting and bling blinging

Surprisingly enough, a lot of the Modenas are owned. The Maserati's are probably rented, who on earth would buy one??? Yuk.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by bigpoppanils

Maseratis are supposed to be very comfortable, and have much better interiors than Mercedes and Porsche

But its ugly......how much do those beasts go for?

Sorry brown eyes, but it was definitely a 575 maranello . . not the 360. I will take a trip down to Miami and point one out to you.

j/k :laugh:

My boss just bought the 575. Same color as in the movie. Plus the modena is one of my favorite cars.

There was an article on USA Today's website a while back about the maranello being the car in the movie. It said how porsche turned them down and the producer or director (I can't remember)had a maranello, so he decided to use that. I will see if I can find it.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by uruk-hai

Sorry brown eyes, but it was definitely a 575 maranello . . not the 360. I will take a trip down to Miami and point one out to you.

j/k :laugh:

My boss just bought the 575. Same color as in the movie. Plus the modena is one of my favorite cars.

There was an article on USA Today's website a while back about the maranello being the car in the movie. It said how porsche turned them down and the producer or director (I can't remember)had a maranello, so he decided to use that. I will see if I can find it.

You know what, now that you mention it, I remember that rumor going around....that the director ended up using his personal car in the movie. Thanks for the clarification, they were usually going too fast to make a 100% ID (for me at least). Although we see TONS of Modenas, you don't see many Maranellos round these part. :)

Rampage, the problem here in Miami is that there are too many punks that do illegal things to be able to drive those cars/boats/bikes, whatever. Sometimes they live in tiny houses in Hialeah with their whole family, have no (real)job, and don't pay taxes. One of the most crooked cities, but its my hometown, and I love it. Do you live down here?

Yes sir,

miami, kendall

Beautiful place to live! even though the driving might be hectic sometimes, to me its makes driving more interesting.

but needless to say with all the illegal money laundering crooks with ferrari's, We still have rich millionaires airing out there money in our streets..

Did u hear about the 100 or so people arrested for drag racing last thursday?

Well, my friend and his black and gray striped viper were one of the many who got arrested

Edwin

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by rampage23

Yes sir,

miami, kendall

Beautiful place to live! even though the driving might be hectic sometimes, to me its makes driving more interesting.

but needless to say with all the illegal money laundering crooks with ferrari's, We still have rich millionaires airing out there money in our streets..

Did u hear about the 100 or so people arrested for drag racing last thursday?

Well, my friend and his black and gray striped viper were one of the many who got arrested

Edwin

Actually, its Miss. ;)

Yeah I heard about the races last week. I used to go to see the bikes race before all the gits in their civics started to heat up the place.

I live in Kendall too, by the Zoo, so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Actually, its Miss. ;)

Yeah I heard about the races last week. I used to go to see the bikes race before all the gits in their civics started to heat up the place.

I live in Kendall too, by the Zoo, so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

gits? :confused::hat:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by johnnyrevs1

gits? :confused::hat:

Gits = little punks

The last tine I was out there, was when me and my roommate were on the R6. There were these fools that were driving up and down the street, surfing on the top of their pickup truch, then hanging off the side, stupid shit like that. ALl the while there were semis behind them, ready to run them over.

Then a few minutes later, there were two bikes racing when these two morons pulled into their lane in front of them to race. One of the bikes ended up wiping out while the other one BARELY made it through the two cars. The one that wiped out thankfully just spun off into the grass.....

There was also this guy that was racing an R1 with a chick on the back of the bike......she was wearing a tanktop, heels and NO HELMET. After we saw that, it was time to leave. We took the long way home and topped out the bike at about 158.