Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weddings

sassa

Yeah, it's been on my mind quite a bit recently. I want something very small and intimate, but even if I just included parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins... and now, some step-relatives... you can see how it would get quite large. And there's no way to get around inviting all of those people without causing some serious problems.

So I've thought of maybe having one more traditional wedding, and another, much smaller, reception. I don't want to have anything to do with a church... but my future in-laws are Irish, hence the inevitability of the inclusion of some kind of Catholic rite into the ceremony. BAH! And on top of all that... b/c he's not American we're going to have to have all the legal issues taken care of beforehand- in other words, we're going to have to marry legally before having the ceremony. So that would bring it up to a grand total of three weddings for one marriage- ha!

It's all very confusing... at least I have a few years to sort it all out, lol.

Originally posted by tastyt

Yeah, it's been on my mind quite a bit recently. I want something very small and intimate, but even if I just included parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins... and now, some step-relatives... you can see how it would get quite large. And there's no way to get around inviting all of those people without causing some serious problems.

So I've thought of maybe having one more traditional wedding, and another, much smaller, reception. I don't want to have anything to do with a church... but my future in-laws are Irish, hence the inevitability of the inclusion of some kind of Catholic rite into the ceremony. BAH! And on top of all that... b/c he's not American we're going to have to have all the legal issues taken care of beforehand- in other words, we're going to have to marry legally before having the ceremony. So that would bring it up to a grand total of three weddings for one marriage- ha!

It's all very confusing... at least I have a few years to sort it all out, lol.

I'm sure its all gonna work out for you in the long run. BUT....

Do you have any idea what the Catholic church requires to actually get married in church ? Its mind boggling...trust me, I'm one..I should know. But by 'it' being a lifetime thing, you shouldnt have no worries there, just alot of patience and determination to make it all come together :D

Let me know when you get your confirmation.... we'll throw you a big-ass Catholic party like you haven't seen b4.

Good luck :aright:

Originally posted by magellanmax

Do you have any idea what the Catholic church requires to actually get married in church ? Its mind boggling...trust me, I'm one..I should know. But by 'it' being a lifetime thing, you shouldnt have no worries there, just alot of patience and determination to make it all come together :D

I have a very vague idea, and I honestly don't know if it will be possible! I was thinking that there *must*be a liberal church in the city somewhere that would perform the ceremony. IDK I never even had first communion or confirmation. But someone has to do it, I mean some perform inter-faith marriages so I guess it must be possible. :confused: I personally could give a rat's ass about marrying in a church, I'd really rather not, b/c that has no meaning for me. But it would be important for my bf's mum, and you gotta make the in-laws happy, right? lol

I'm not sweating it or anything, there's plenty of time to figure it all out. Just something that's been playing on my mind lately...

Originally posted by tastyt

I have a very vague idea, and I honestly don't know if it will be possible! I was thinking that there *must*be a liberal church in the city somewhere that would perform the ceremony. IDK I never even had first communion or confirmation. But someone has to do it, I mean some perform inter-faith marriages so I guess it must be possible. :confused: I personally could give a rat's ass about marrying in a church, I'd really rather not, b/c that has no meaning for me. But it would be important for my bf's mum, and you gotta make the in-laws happy, right? lol

I'm not sweating it or anything, there's plenty of time to figure it all out. Just something that's been playing on my mind lately...

:laugh: ...xcuse me for a sec.... U sure sound like a girl with butterflies in her stomach ;) , Nothing wrong with that, actually its kinda refreshing.. u always sound very angry and combative :D

U sounding like a wife-2-be and a lovestruck gal just caught me off guard...thats priceless......

Then again.... I dont know u. Its an amazing thing tho... everyone has a price, I finally figured your top price, its somehow...hmmmm.. well,..exceptional...

Happy marital bliss mama ;)