Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any Info On Upcoming Club Events In Dc

Advice, as far as club events go, go back to MIAMI. No, seriously.....

The next big party is MOBY at AIR on 8/23. Which is an open air club off of Constitution. Or CHECK OUT GLOW @ Insomnia. Glow books the same International DJ's ( PVD, etc) as SPACE34 and Maze.

googoo.gif

Actually, I'm not the one visiting DC its a friend of mine...and yes, I am Edgar V's girlfriend! As for music I like it all but prefer hard nasty trance!!!!;)

Unfortunately I won't be going up with my hunny to Glow, although I've heard the music there is outrageous! But when I do go, I hope I can hit you guys up and we can hang out. Theres nothing like making more new good friends (I've met a bunch on the CP Miami Board).:D And if you guys are ever in the area PM me and I'll introduce ya to the Miami CP crew.

BTW just for curiosities sake, I've seen pics from Glow when my hunny is up there and noticed the the crowd goes bananas... How do you guys feel about his music? I always like to hear opinions...

Many thanks!:D

Originally posted by oldschoolny

are you coming up here with the man to give these guys some good hard trance?

Thats what I like to hear!!!! But I won't be coming up anytime soon. Sowwy!:( But hopefully sometime in the future I'll be able to visit good ol' DC and do some sightseeing!:D

Originally posted by cheekeetika

Hey Vicman...I've seen u on the Miami CP Board!!!! Hi!!!!:D

yeah, i've met a few of the miami cp crew on my previous trips there. definitely a great crew to hang out with, always have fun while i'm down there :D

Guest jroo

BTW just for curiosities sake, I've seen pics from Glow when my hunny is up there and noticed the the crowd goes bananas... How do you guys feel about his music? I always like to hear opinions...

Many thanks!:D

hahahaha goes bannanas. there are probably about 3 or 4 people up front pumping their fists at any given time, but thats about it. that crowd sucks so much it makes the bouncers seem sweet and behaved.

Originally posted by jroo

hahahaha goes bannanas. there are probably about 3 or 4 people up front pumping their fists at any given time, but thats about it. that crowd sucks so much it makes the bouncers seem sweet and behaved.

Really? I didn't know since I've never been there, but its all good. I've seen pics EV has taken and the club was stuffed on more than one occassion. But anyway, I guess I'll have to see for myself when I visit DC.:D Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by vicman

yeah, i've met a few of the miami cp crew on my previous trips there. definitely a great crew to hang out with, always have fun while i'm down there :D

Kewl, let me know hwen you're in town and we'll take ya out! By the way, nice moves!;)

Originally posted by Sapexec

Advice, as far as club events go, go back to MIAMI. No, seriously.....

The next big party is MOBY at AIR on 8/23. Which is an open air club off of Constitution. Or CHECK OUT GLOW @ Insomnia. Glow books the same International DJ's ( PVD, etc) as SPACE34 and Maze.

googoo.gif

BTW, the guys on the Miami CP Board would love your sig!:D

Guest jroo

Really? I didn't know since I've never been there, but its all good. I've seen pics EV has taken and the club was stuffed on more than one occassion. But anyway, I guess I'll have to see for myself when I visit DC.:D Thanks for the info!

big name dj's do bring their own following and those are the nights that are toreable, but to go there on any other night is really whack.

Originally posted by jroo

hahahaha goes bannanas. there are probably about 3 or 4 people up front pumping their fists at any given time

One of the things that annoys me about the crowd is that they all stand and stare at the dj for long periods of time. When PvD was there, i was up front for about 10 minutes to catch a glimpse of him then I went to the back and danced around. Yeah, sometimes I like to watch him spin - he had 3 turntables going at Glow - but ultimately I love Paul Van Dyk because he makes music that I want to DANCE to.... not stare at him like he has a 2nd head! :laugh:

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

One of the things that annoys me about the crowd is that they all stand and stare at the dj for long periods of time. When PvD was there, i was up front for about 10 minutes to catch a glimpse of him then I went to the back and danced around. Yeah, sometimes I like to watch him spin - he had 3 turntables going at Glow - but ultimately I love Paul Van Dyk because he makes music that I want to DANCE to.... not stare at him like he has a 2nd head! :laugh:

Yeah I've heard that the DJ booth at Glow is right on the dancefloor? Interesting! But I'm sure DJ's get a bit annoyed with the fans...do the fans ever get outta hand? Just wondering.

Yeah I've heard that the DJ booth at Glow is right on the dancefloor? Interesting! But I'm sure DJ's get a bit annoyed with the fans...do the fans ever get outta hand? Just wondering.

for the most part, i think they enjoy being so close to the fans, although it is rumored that on that aforementioned PvD night, tinybf managed to get into the booth and grab PvD's ass. :eek:

Originally posted by vicman

for the most part, i think they enjoy being so close to the fans, although it is rumored that on that aforementioned PvD night, tinybf managed to get into the booth and grab PvD's ass. :eek:

haha! I would be too scared to grab his ass!

Anyhow, yes the dj booth is right on the dancefloor. For the night PvD was suppose to be here last month, they removed the glass and pushed the booth out a few feet.

I would also reccomend Club Five... good parties there on Friday and Saturday, though I am not sure who is spinning... www.primacycompany.com click on Five at the Top... :)

Glow does bring decent Dj's but the people that are there are not about the music, they are there to be seen. It is truly a sad thing, but what can you do.

Buzz is coming back soon thank god..

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

haha! I would be too scared to grab his ass!

Anyhow, yes the dj booth is right on the dancefloor. For the night PvD was suppose to be here last month, they removed the glass and pushed the booth out a few feet.

You know what PVD is an awesome guy...very very nice and loves his fans! When I went with him and Edgar to Orlando (they played at the House of Blues), he actually stayed after his set to sign autographs and take pictures with some of the fans!

Originally posted by frost350

Next Thursday there'll be a good party @ Five. DJ Roctakon from NYC. Definitely not trance but good music nonetheless.

It doesn't HAVE to be trance...I like all types...progressive house, house, tribal, breaks, techno...love it all!:D

I don't hate I appreciate!;)

It doesn't HAVE to be trance...I like all types...progressive house, house, tribal, breaks, techno...love it all!:D

I don't hate I appreciate!;)

This night'll be more like 80s hits/classics, some hip-hop, and reggae...