Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Adding to the downfall....

erickamikaze

and we continue to wonder why dance music and clubs are struggling world wide . I have the answer for you.

P Diddy has performed live every night in Ibiza this past week, with impromptu versions of 'Let's Get Ill' at Manumission, La Troya and, the highlight of the week, at We Love Sundays at Space.

Guest saleen351

fucking idiots... every dj is hoping puffy can bring the hype and excitement back to the scene.. all the djs want this, and so should the clubbers....

fucking idiots... every dj is hoping puffy can bring the hype and excitement back to the scene

If he had the right reasons for wanting to do this, then it would be a good thing. I dont think Puffy has the love for our scene to actually make a difference.

all the djs want this, and so should the clubbers....

Are you saying that i should want this because DJs want it? If so, why?

P-Diddy is definitely getting into the scene, I think that track Lets Get Ill that he did with Deep Dish is bad ass...its variety and I like that! Not to mention the majority of clubbers who have listened to it love it....just my two pennies!

Personally, i thought it was a good track until it we were being drowned with it. It gets annoying when DJs play it every single night your out. But i dont think thats the reason i dislike it now. Some tracks pass by others are here to stay like umm....dark beat. It got played alot but i still love hearing it at a club.

P-diddy getting into the scene - i could be wrong about him but well see in time. Bad boy dance music will start up soon if not already and maybe hell prove me and all others who doubt him wrong.

Originally posted by sandiegino

Personally, i thought it was a good track until it we were being drowned with it. It gets annoying when DJs play it every single night your out. But i dont think thats the reason i dislike it now. Some tracks pass by others are here to stay like umm....dark beat. It got played alot but i still love hearing it at a club.

P-diddy getting into the scene - i could be wrong about him but well see in time. Bad boy dance music will start up soon if not already and maybe hell prove me and all others who doubt him wrong.

THAT GUY IS SMART AS HELL......HE DOES ANYTHING BAD....THAT TRACK IS AWESOME...BUT IS BEEN BURN OUT ALREADY....BUT STILL...I THINK HE HAS A LOT TO OFFER TO THE SCENE.....

I THINK HE HAS A LOT TO OFFER TO THE SCENE

Since your trying to get your post count up and im interested in why you feel this way. Can you shed some light here as to what he can offer?

I agree with you about him being smart - as a matter of fact, i think his brains are what got him as far as he is now and does deserve props for what he has done for the hip hop industry. I just dont have faith in him contributing to our scene because its a whole different culture than hes used too.

Since your trying to get your post count up and im interested in why you feel this way. Can you shed some light here as to what he can offer?

I agree with you about him being smart - as a matter of fact, i think his brains are what got him as far as he is now and does deserve props for what he has done for the hip hop industry. I just dont have faith in him contributing to our scene because its a whole different culture than hes used too.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT HE WILL BRING TO THE SCENE IS BIG HYPE AND MAINSTREAM RECOGNITION TO ELECTRONIC MUSIC AND TO LOT OF DJS...HE IS WORKING RIGHT NOW IN HIS DANCE ALBUM WITH A LOT OF BIG NAMES LIKE FELIX DA HOUSECAT ,DARREN EMERSON,...ANOTHER TRACK WITH DEEP DISH. I KNOW HE CAN PULL VERY GOOD TRACKS....AND WITH THIS BIG NAMES JUMPING ONBOARD THAT PROJECT I THINK IT WILL EB GOOD....ANOTHER HUMBLE 2 CENTS..

I had to say/write something...first off he's a businessman then a musician/producer or whatever title you wanna give the guy and when it comes to putting new stuff together, you gotta admit he does a very good job of it. What other hip-hop mogul do you know off that was actually able to pull something off like the Let's Get Ill track? An no that 50 cent version of "In the Club" Remix played on 93.1 does not count! Someone should shoot the guy who remixed that song!!!!!

Originally posted by cheekeetika

I had to say/write something...first off he's a businessman then a musician/producer or whatever title you wanna give the guy and when it comes to putting new stuff together, you gotta admit he does a very good job of it. What other hip-hop mogul do you know off that was actually able to pull something off like the Let's Get Ill track? An no that 50 cent version of "In the Club" Remix played on 93.1 does not count! Someone should shoot the guy who remixed that song!!!!!

"50 CENTS"REMIX SUCKSSSSSS ASSSS!!!!

HORRIBLE TRACK

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT HE WILL BRING TO THE SCENE IS BIG HYPE AND MAINSTREAM RECOGNITION TO ELECTRONIC MUSIC AND TO LOT OF DJS...HE IS WORKING RIGHT NOW IN HIS DANCE ALBUM WITH A LOT OF BIG NAMES LIKE FELIX DA HOUSECAT ,DARREN EMERSON,...ANOTHER TRACK WITH DEEP DISH. I KNOW HE CAN PULL VERY GOOD TRACKS....AND WITH THIS BIG NAMES JUMPING ONBOARD THAT PROJECT I THINK IT WILL EB GOOD....ANOTHER HUMBLE 2 CENTS..

thats the smart business man at work. Hes collaborating with the big names and thats the reason people will listen to those tracks. I know i was liking the Lets Get Ill track because it features Deep Dish and Kellis.

What other hip-hop mogul do you know off that was actually able to pull something off like the Let's Get Ill track?

Dont know of any. But lets get up and lets get ill falls into the put your hands up in the air type tracks that get you excited for a while but then coagulate into cheese. Thats just my opinion but also see your point of view.

thats the smart business man at work. Hes collaborating with the big names and thats the reason people will listen to those tracks. I know i was liking the Lets Get Ill track because it features Deep Dish and Kellis.

Dont know of any. But lets get up and lets get ill falls into the put your hands up in the air type tracks that get you excited for a while but then coagulate into cheese. Thats just my opinion but also see your point of view.

And different points of view is what makes this country so great! But yeah the guy is just plain ol' smart!

well, I think Puffy would've never ventured on to our scene if he didnt see a profit to be made... He is the biggest pimp in the Hip hop world.. he has a gazillion dollar fortune, record label, producing agency, clothing line, u name it; he is the real entertainment mogul of this day; people buy into whatever he puts his name on, kinda like w trump... so if he decided to be a part of it it is because there is definitely some money to be made...

I think a good illustration would be if u think of Space34 as the entire world of clubbing.. hehe (this should be interesting) see, nowadays in the clubbing industry, on the big ass money making clubs only a very small percent of the scene is dedicated to hip hop.. i mean im sure there are hip hop only clubs and all, but im talking about space34 as the whole pie.. any given night only the lounge or the patio is playing hiphop, while every other room plays dance music. While hiphop becomes a smaller percent of the clubbing scene, and with the occasional trendsetting dj act (pvd-picotto-etc..) in the big room, everything else that is left is fluffy, disposable cheesey tracks that get played out week in and week out.. now thats where the money is for Pdiddy.. if he can make infiltrate onto the mass consumed dance tracks, he would be cashing in on ALL aspects of club music...

Im sure this guy sits around w his posse in his yacht in the mediterranean or in his ph in ny or wherever smoking mad blunts and coming up w ideas to make even more money and on how to take over the world... lol

Originally posted by mp3some

well, I think Puffy would've never ventured on to our scene if he didnt see a profit to be made... He is the biggest pimp in the Hip hop world.. he has a gazillion dollar fortune, record label, producing agency, clothing line, u name it; he is the real entertainment mogul of this day; people buy into whatever he puts his name on, kinda like w trump... so if he decided to be a part of it it is because there is definitely some money to be made...

I think a good illustration would be if u think of Space34 as the entire world of clubbing.. hehe (this should be interesting) see, nowadays in the clubbing industry, on the big ass money making clubs only a very small percent of the scene is dedicated to hip hop.. i mean im sure there are hip hop only clubs and all, but im talking about space34 as the whole pie.. any given night only the lounge or the patio is playing hiphop, while every other room plays dance music. While hiphop becomes a smaller percent of the clubbing scene, and with the occasional trendsetting dj act (pvd-picotto-etc..) in the big room, everything else that is left is fluffy, disposable cheesey tracks that get played out week in and week out.. now thats where the money is for Pdiddy.. if he can make infiltrate onto the mass consumed dance tracks, he would be cashing in on ALL aspects of club music...

Im sure this guy sits around w his posse in his yacht in the mediterranean or in his ph in ny or wherever smoking mad blunts and coming up w ideas to make even more money and on how to take over the world... lol

I've seen P-Diddy party big pimp style at Club Space where they had an entourage of people come along with him into the VIP, shitloads of bouncers/security and bottle after bottle of champagne. He was also at Space 34 during WMC 03 the night that PVD played...he was in the DJ booth...met him and he's very flamboyant! Bling-bling baby! Not to mention he's down with EV...:D

oh of course he gets the royal treatment wherever he goes.. and he really is royalty dwn here in miami.. i have seen him and his crew several times at honey and mynt.. one time at rumi when bustarhymes was on... always bling bling big pimpin style...:D

Anyway, he might really dig the music who knows, but i am certain he starts salivating when he sees the power to move the masses that some of the dj's in our scene have.. like u said.. im sure when he hung out at the booth w PVD all he was thinking to himself is: man how can i have these guys play som of my shiet on to all these kids.. think of all the records they'd buy... hehehe

on the other hand, some djs in our scene salivate the same way when they think of all the ppl they would reach and all the records THEY would sell if ppl bought on to PDiddy's brand.. I'm sure its not the primary item on their agenda, but the boys of Deep Dish are always looking to diversify, to reach a wider audience and to inevitably make some mad $$$$

this pic i have from March at Bed.. check it out

attachment.php?s=&postid=1637324

Wow, with his buddies Deep Dish and Mr. Danny Howells!!!!! Yeah during WMC 03, he was in the booth to hand out promo's of Let's Get Ill, he gave one to EV (who by the way loved it) and to PVD...don't know if PVD's played it though! But i likes your pic! Bad ass!

P